Episode 37: Questions

"Nikki, what is bothering you? " Rohit asked Nikki.

Nikki looked here and there and then informed Rohit that Ana was at Suhani's clinic.

Rohit had a negative thought. "Was Ana there to abort their baby?" He immediately left from home in search of Ana. He did not have peace of mind. It was late night, already.

He was restless and the very moment Harry called Rohit.

"Hi Rohit. Please send Ana here for official reasons. Even two days will be fine. "

Rohit was jealous and furious.

"You want to F*** my wife. She is pregnant bloody hell and stay away from her. Dare you flirt with your speed dial girl. " Rohit shouted like a jealous monster and disconnected the line.

His anger and frustration had a worse impact. His car collided with the other but the other person apologised. It was his mistake. Roh was cool then. He calmed down and went home. Nikki was peacefully sleeping on the couch. He kissed her forehead and sat on the sofa.

Harry was getting into his nerves. He wanted to tell Ana that she should stop working with him.

"Where was Ana?" Her phone was switched off.

"Dad, why aren't you sleeping? It is very late?"

Nikki woke up from her sleep and forced her dad get some rest. He was trying to sleep but around 4.00 am, Bani banged on the door.

She was crying. Rohit hugged her tight and she was not ready to talk. Nikki teased her and there was again cat and dog fight. Rohit called up Poonam. She was sleeping in her room. Bani calmed down after a while and asked Rohit to take her to their home. She was irritated seeing Ana and Rohit frames in each corner of the house.

"Let it be the morning. Let Ana come back... "Rohit requested.

" That bitch must be sleeping with someone. " Bani said furiously.

Rohit slapped her tight. He had never raised hands on his daughters but now he couldn't control. Bani broke a flower pot and walked out of the door. She took her car and drove away.

Rohit was really upset and he banged his head on the door. There was a small wound on his head and
Nikki had stopped him from hurting himself. She bandaged it and with the pain inside and outside, Rohit closed his eyes. He woke up with the door bell ringing.. He thought it must be Ana but to his shock it was Poonam.

"Rohit, did you slap Bani, she is a grown up, married woman. Do you understand that? "

Roh rubbed his eyes again and again. He wanted to freshen up. Pooh was going on and on. Nikki was trying to control her mom's anger.

"Poonam, please stop it

"Poonam, please stop it. I will get another attack. " Roh warned her.

She was cool then and she sat next to him on Ana 's bed. There was a table with the couple photos and Pooh was distracted.

"Where is Ananya?" Poonam questioned.

"I don't know. " Rohit muttered.

"What do you mean by don't know?" Pooh argued.

"Poonam listen this is Ananya's home and I don't know where she is? Bani misbehaved with her and I assumed Ana will be here.

"She is missing, since yesterday and there was no telephonic conversation between us. Vandy and Cherry are not here and I am really worried. Please try to understand. "

Poonam placed her hands on Rohit's shoulder and calmed him down. She gave him a cup of coffee and meanwhile Ana just rang the doorbell.
Nikki opened the door and she was shocked. Poonam and Roh were sipping coffee in their favourite corner; their own spacewhere he and she read poetries and sipped wine. They painted special moments and weaved their dreams.

"Ana, where were you? " Rohit shouted.

"Rohit don't shout. Actually I was busy with Suhani's studio apartment work. I collected half of the payment for it in advance. Dr Karthik took us drive but our car broke down and my mobile battery drained. Suhani and Karthik faced network problem so we were unreachable. We slept in the car and now we managed to hire a taxi and come home. "

Ana was panting while she was talking. Poonam gave her a glass of water and some coffee. She was wondering what Pooh and her extended family were doing in the love nest? She did not wanted to sound rude or hurt Pooh. She is so helpful.

Nikki could sense Ana's inner fears and doubts. She explained that she had come to say sorry to Ana and then she stayed with dad. Mom just came to pick her up as dad did not sleep last night.

Ana trusted Nikki and Poonam too nodded a yes. Nikki and she did not discuss Bani. They immediately excused the couple and left the love nest.

Silent stares turned into fierce arguments.

"Why did you go to Suhani's clinic last night? " Rohit questioned.

"Are you spying on me? Rohit have you lost it. How can you talk like those uneducated husbands with Harry. He is my boss and I am very professional. Better you know that... "

Ana snapped her fingers and shut herself in the master bedroom.

Roh banged the door. But she did not open. In his track pants and T-shirt, he went to meet his friend Gurri. Jassi , his wife sarcastically commented:

"Itne subeh toosey iteh. Chai peene aye Ho? " (How come you are here this early in the morning. May be to have a cup of tea?)

Rohit knew she was taunting him.

Gurri ordered his wife to get some tea and he took Roh to their seating area.
Rohit narrated all that had happened. Jassi had meanwhile got bread butter and tea.

She sat there listening to their conversation. Gurri gestured Rohite to be quiet. They silently had the breakfast and went out for a walk. They sat on a bench located in a Senior citizens park.

"Oye I am not old enough to sit here. "
Gurri exclaimed.

"I am a grand father so I can. " Rohit had a cheerful smile.

"Tu kyu apni zindagi barbad karne thula hein Rohite?" (Are you spoiling your life?) Gurri asked Rohit seriously. He advised him to say sorry to Harry and apologise to Ana. Make her feel good. Gurri mantra always helped Rohit but he was not that keen to say sorry to Harry.

He had to to impress Ana. He could not afford Ana leaving him for the second time. He also wanted to meet Bani. He wanted to check with Bani why was she behaving weirdly? Again he was stuck between his wife and daughter. He was confused.

"When will I sought out my priorities?" Rohit started talking to himself. He took that Ana's coin and tossed. Harry was his answer. He frowned and scratched his head.

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

💖💖