Episode 35: Sense of fear

"Good morning Rohit. " Ana woke up Rohit with a cuddling kiss.

A warm kiss always started the bloom of love but Rohit smiled and just returned her back, the love and care. He knew it was not that time for physical intimacy but for sharing emotional love.

He woke up clumsily and went to the bathroom. She requested him that she wanted to sleep for some more time. He looked into the mirror and he felt that his eyes were sunken. He took a shower and want to dress up in a jazzy manner. His line of grey hair gave him a lot of complex.

" I think, I am getting old. " He told himself.

Ana was still sleeping and he came down stairs to have his breakfast.

Shambu Kaka served him some Hot chole and bhatura. He was happy to have something traditional in his plate and it tasted like heaven. He knew it was made by Poonam. Rohit was missing that taste since 7 years. He once again had a strong desire to thank her. She was nowhere and he walked into Poonam's room. He forgot for a while that he was supposed to knock her door. He walked in with authority. She was wearing a black sleeveless dress. She was applying her lipstick.

" Hi Rohit. " She greeted him with a hug. She was smelling sweet. He was tempted to kiss her but he released the hug.

" Poonam, tum bahot sundar lag rahi Ho. " He complimented her.

She asked him to help with screwing her earrings. The sharp tip hurt Rohit 's finger tip.

"It is OK Rohit if you don't want to help me. I am getting late. " She snatched the Kundan ear piece from his hands.

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked her with his authoritative voice.

" I need not have to answer what I am doing in my personal life to you? Yet I am happy to share that I am taking up a job for six months in India. Then may be I will go to Canada or USA. " She had a sense of pride in her while replying to his questions.

"Poonam, I am just casually asking. " He sounded sad. He walked out her room. He looked really cute today with a leather jacket and dark shaded T-shirt.

Was she being rude with her weak hearted Ex? She was feeling guilty and her hot flashes were increasing day by day. At times she burst out. She wanted to apologise.

She texted him :

"Rohit, I wanted to say you look smart today in purple. "

Rohit immediately replied.

" I always wear boring clothes. You never told me, I was smart. I am getting old. "

Poonam made a face reading his text and left home for the interview. Rohit went to his office. His assistant looked at him with surprise.

"He was looking hot but he hardly dressed like that. He would wear uncle kind of collared T-shirt but his current wife has changed him totally," she wondered.

He called up Nikki and Bani to join him for lunch. Nikki was busy with her fiance Takshu but she lied to Rohit that she was in the library. Bani did not respond.

Rohit decided to eat out alone and he went to a restaurant. He was surprised to see Poonam having burgers. He walked towards her and sat in front of her table.

She was embarrassed.

" It is my cheat day today. " She exclaimed with a smile. Her mouth was full and the drop of sauce on her lip line was tempting. His mind wandered. He just wanted to lick it. He handed her a tissue.