14: A boy with too much nerve

Levi's POV

"We're here!"

"...A climbing wall?"

"Hell yeah!" Eren chuckled. "I come here all the time, it's great fun and even free for everyone under 25! It's part of some kind of ongoing health project" he explained before looking back at the really tall thing that stood in the middle of the park. Levi then saw his eyes widen with recognition. "Hey Marco!" Eren called out and waved towards a young, innocent looking man who stood by the wall wearing some sort of equipment. The young man's face lit up upon seeing them.

"Eren! Hi!"

"Volunteering again?" Eren asked and reached out his fist towards the man who quickly mirrored him so that they exchanged some kind of fist bump.

"Yeah, I've been here all day" the freckled man said with a happy smile. Damn, Levi certainly wouldn't have been smiling if he had been standing here all day in the heat to help kids climb a wall, wearing all that fucking gear. "Hi, I'm Marco Bott, nice to meet you!" Marco reached out his hand for Levi to shake.

Hmm... he wondered, feeling a little skeptical. For some reason he got that gay vibe from the dude. But he probably didn't need to worry about him either way, he looked like he wouldn't hurt a fly... be able to smack around Eren nonetheless.

"I'm Levi" he said and shook his hand firmly.

"Marco's a certified instructor, he'll show you how to climb if you're up for giving it a try" Eren said and Marco nodded.

"Have you tried climbing before?" Marco asked.

"Just once and I think I'll pass today, thank you" Levi replied.

"What, really?"

"Do you see my clothes? Like hell I could climb in this nice shirt and tight suit trousers."

"Oh" Eren said but didn't look disappointed just yet, which Levi definitely found suspicious. He would not let it go that easily if he knew the brat correctly. "Guess you'll just have to admire my ass from underneath then" Eren commented with a wink. Levi quickly glanced over at Marco who's face became bright red... but he didn't seem too surprised. "Eh, sorry Marco" Eren said when realizing what he had said in front of the bloke.

"N-no don't worry about me! Hehe..." Marco laughed in a clearly embarrassed way. Levi looked at Eren questioning. He had assumed that Eren wanted to stay low about their relationship. Eren met his eyes and scratched his head.

"Well Marco's cool... He won't tell anyone else."

"Alright. Then I'd like to reintroduce myself..." Levi said before he could stop himself. "Name's Levi, I'm dating Eren." Not entirely satisfying... but still feels damn good. And Eren seemed to like it too if the red tint on his cheeks was anything to go on.

"Oh! It's a pleasure to meet you" Marco said looking genuine although still a bit embarrassed. "I haven't know Eren for that long, but he's an amazing guy and a great friend. And don't worry, my lips are sealed as always" he promised with a kind smile. Well that was good and all, Levi just didn't like the "as always"-part very much.

"Thank you" Eren said and was scratching his head again. "Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and put on the equipment, Levi. Make yourself comfortable." Yes, definitely suspicious, no way he'll let it go this easily.

"...Go ahead" Levi replied and went to sit on a bench just beside them. He watched as Eren seemed to grow increasingly excited as he with practiced hands put on harnesses and strings until he was fastened safely. When he was finished he looked up to meet Levi gaze.