39: Home is where...

(A/N): Happy early new years everyone!! 🎆🎊

So as you knew if you read my last announcement I had decided to finish off 2020 on a personal high note, something that I've wanted to do for a long time now: My comeback to YHANM and to writing! 

I am so happy to be back and really hope that you all will like this turning-point of a chapter we're starting with here. Please leave feedback if you can as I'm trying to figure out writing again as well as trying out new things. Either way, thank you very much for reading and supporting my story. I am forever thankful to all the wonderful readers who keeps me going.

My wish is to get back to regular and frequent updates again, but we'll see how it works out for me considering everything else I have going on in life. But now starting off I plan to post the next chapter in a little less than two weeks; the eleventh of January.

This chapter will start with the same last scene as last chapter ended with, but now from Levi's perspective. So reread the ending scenes of the last chapter if it was a long time ago since you read it last. 

Enjoy! xx

Levi's POV

Levi was feeling lighter at heart than he had felt in a long time and so ended up surprising even himself upon sharing a genuine sort of laugh with Eren. The sound of himself chuckling in a relaxed manner was... foreign, even to his own ears. But apparently there was something about the younger man and their relationship that unraveled him. It was both a pleasant and a little unsettling feeling, but nevertheless he chose to welcome it.

Eren fell quiet and Levi could tell from the corner of his eyes that he was looking straight up into the sky now wearing an emotional, almost a little tense, look over his face. Levi followed his gaze with mild interest, studied the stars above them and wondered what it was about them that supposedly had given him that look.

"Levi" he suddenly heard him say, emotions clear in his voice. Levi looked back at his lover but was caught off guard upon meeting his eyes. The eyes that usually stuck out with their beautiful ocean cyan now had a golden shade to them in the dark starry night; and with the gold apparently came multiple emotions. His lips were parted, his eyebrows slightly creased and the small muscles around his eyes created a yearning look. For some reason the expression looked tense and almost a little pained, maybe worried, but at the same time he was looking at him with signs of affection or longing for something. Levi let out a quiet curse and almost instinctively reached for him. Levi was very familiar with looking at pained expressions on people. He couldn't quite read what exactly Eren was feeling or why those emotions suddenly had struck him, but recognizing those parts somehow made his heart sink a little. "Kiss me?" the young man then suddenly asked just as Levi's hand reached him and he took a hold of his arm.

Ahh... Levi thought as a realization of the serious mood that had fallen over them hit him. Are we really going there, already?

"Fuck, Levi" Eren then said, his tone impatient, pulled him towards him and kissed him. Levi felt his heart once again soften at the familiar way he acted. Eren was someone who felt so much but struggled to express it, unless he could express it physically. But knowing that, this sudden and pretty desperate kiss told him that there was something that he wanted to say but for some reason couldn't. And although Levi kind of had avoided to think about it, he did know Eren and their relationship well enough to be able to guess what it was.

Love and relationships at his age were usually a lot more focused on what was practical and comfortable rather than passionate. And although Eren was pleasantly uncomplicated, he was definitely passionate. Certainly not towards everything, but towards a selected few it was clear that when he did start to care, he really cared about it; ending up strong-willed, focused and emotional in a raw, unedited way towards that selected person or purpose, ready to give himself over completely to the things he believed in. And apparently he believed in Levi... and in the two of them together.