12: Light and delight

Levi's POV

The morning finally came and with it came rationality and a cleared up mind. Levi woke up more than two hours before Eren and got plenty of time therefore to take a distressed smoke on the balcony to think things over.

He may like the brat, maybe even enough to be a little out of his right state of mind at times, but that didn't change much really. He was a fucking adult and had done this plenty of times before, he reasoned. Sure, Eren was an unusually attractive fucker, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. He figured that he would just shut up and enjoy this as long as it lasted.

On another note, he may indeed really like the brat but that certainly didn't keep his insomnia stress and foul pre-tea morning mood at bay. So Levi's patience was really running close to its end when Eren finally woke up.

"Hnngg..." Eren yawned and rolled around in bed before his eyes found Levi where he sat and read a book in the armchair.

"God damn, about time you woke up, kid. I was about to kick you awake myself any minute" Levi said grumpily.

"Ahh... Good morning Levi" Eren just replied, wearing that silly smile again. He narrowed his eyes at him.

"Morning, my ass. It's half past 10." Eren shrugged.

"Sounds about right! I usually wake up about now" he grinned drowsily. Tch, brat, Levi thought, although half affectionately, and put away his book.

"They stop serving breakfast in half an hour, so get a move on."

"Oh fuck yes! Hotel breakfasts" Eren exclaimed excitedly and was just about to jump off the bed when a seemingly painful sore sensation stopped him in his tracks. "Ah fuck, I'm worn!" That made Levi's face break out in a small smirk.

"Hmph, don't look at me. You were just fine after the first round and you are completely responsible yourself for the second time."

"Yeah yeah, whatever" Eren groaned but still chuckled as he slowly climbed off the bed. He was to Levi's pleasure quite unshy in the mornings and so didn't bother to cover up his naked body. Levi's eyes was immediately drawn to the bluish shades that already had started to show up over his hips. He chuckled.

"Pfft, seems I did quite a number on you" he said and admired the result of his work. Eren followed his gaze and got something delightfully surprised over his face as he discovered the marks. Levi sat up and walked over towards him to put a grip over the shapes that his hands fitted almost too well into. "What a shame that these will be covered with clothes..." Levi muttered. Eren looked up and met his eyes with his usual cockily, seductive demeanor.

"Why? Would you have wanted to show the world what you've done to me?"

"Damn right I would" he replied, his eyes narrowed at him.

"Hmm... I can wear a low cut shirt if you want?" Eren offered, looking almost giddy.

"You have one with you?" he asked with one raised eyebrow and Eren nodded. "Hrm, not a bad idea. Put it on, love."

"Yes, sir" the brunet said happily and strutted over to his bag.

"...Ugh. As soon as we're back from breakfast, you're organizing your shit" Levi said with a look on the mess that was Eren's luggage.

"Your will is my law~" Eren replied casually while starting to put on the clothes. Wow, someone's in a good mood, Levi thought where he stood with his arms crossed. Usually he would for sure complain about having to clean before eventually giving in. But somehow he found the boy's good mood kind of contagious. He sighed to himself as Eren hurriedly brushed through his messy hair whistling a weirdly solemn melody.