Chapter Seven: close call

Maya's pov

When the elevator started moving again I was startled then it opened on the eighth floor. I looked up and saw Nash Matt and Shawn standing over me watching me cry from all the pain. " shhhh. It's okay" Shawn said as he bent down and gave me a hug. He smelt like the beach and flowers. I couldn't handle it I knew a panic attack was about to happen so I just did what I did.

Shawn's pov

Nash Matt and I were running through every floor looking for maya when the elevator opened revealing maya sitting on the floor and her eyes all red and puffy. Even when she was crying she was beautiful. "Shhhhh. It's okay" was all I could say while bending down and giving her a hug. She didn't hug back and after ten seconds she bursted " EVERYTHING IS NOT OKAY YOU ALL ARE ASS HOLES AND I DONT WANT TO SEE ANYONE OF YOU EVER AGAIN!" She pushed me off of her and closed the elevator while all the guys just stood there frozen. We looked up and saw the elevators going to higher floors so we started running up the stairs to catch up to her.

Maya's pov

After I screamed at Shawn and closed the elevator door I went up to my room bursted through the door grabbed my penny board and left back into the elevator and down the floors. I can't go to the skate park because Rebecca saw where I went last time so I just left the hotel slipping past the security that was supposed to keep us in the hotel and started running. I ran all the way to the beach when my phone buzzed. It was from Andrea.

A- I know u r at the beach I'm on my way

I didn't want to see anyone Yet so I ran passed the beach into a really scary looking forest but I didn't care. I kept running through the forest until I saw a cliff at the end of some grass, I ran to the class and just sat down and started crying...hard. Why did everything have to be so confusing? The sun was setting and now it was dark outside so I just laid down and looked up at the dark sky to find stars filling it up. It was beautiful when I turned my phone on to take a picture I saw all the messages from the girls.

A-WHERE ARE YOU IM WORRIED

J-ANSWER PLEASE

R-IF U NEED TO TALK WE ARE HERE JUST TELL US THAT YOU ARE SAFE!

I also saw I had ninety nine missed calls from the girls..boys..Bart

Andreas pov

I sent maya a text that I knew she was at the beach because I know she goes to the beach or pool when she's upset. Me and the girls walked pass the beach with the boys following looking for maya after a while is started to get dark so we all started calling and texting her . She didn't respond to anyone so we called Bart and he called her... No answer. We called her over and over again and nothing I was so worried. We walked for a couple more minuets till we stood In front of a really scary forest. "Do you think she's in there?" Rebecca said gulping. "Only one way to find out" jenn replied. Everyone turned on the flash from there phones and we walked into the forest...

Rebecca's pov

We all walked into the forest and I was scared really bad. I felt two hands grab my arms and I kicked behinds me not looking "oww!" It was carter. "Stay away from me" I hissed. He held his hands up like he was surrendering when Cameron said something. "Do you guys hear that?" He said making everyone quite and listening for noise.

Cameron's pov

We were walking when I heard fain singing from a distance. "Do you guys hear that?" I said making everyone quite and listening for any noise. " it sound like...maya...she's singing sweater weather" Shawn said looking at us. "How do you know?" Jenn snapped. " her voice is like no other voice. She can sing perfectly without even trying, I know that's her and she's....that way" he said pointing deeper in the forest. The girls rolled there eyes and walked where he was pointing then we all could hear the song. We walked till we found a opening from the forest to find some grass and a girl laying down looking at the stars singing "I want the world in my hand, I hate the beach but I stand in California with my toes in the sand, using the sleeves in my sweater to have a adventure my head in the clouds but my gravity centered, touch my neck and I'll touch yours, you and those little high waisted shorts. Cuz it's to cooo-oooold for you hear! " Shawn was right she can sing beautifully. "MAYA!" Andrea screamed... No reply "maya?" Jenn screamed no reply. We all gave each other a look turned the flash off of our phone and started walking toward her while she kept singing in perfect tone.