Chapter twenty five: old memories

Maya's pov
*SIX MONTHS LATER*
So for the past six months me and the girls kinda stopped talking.. It went from video chats.. To calls... To texts.. Then they just forgot about me I guess. Same with the guys. Me and jake are pretty serious now were having our 5th month anniversary tomorrow and I'm super excited!
I fluttered my eyes open to feel two strong arms wrapped around my waist, I still checked because I couldn't tell myself it wasn't one of the guys... I miss them. Nope. It was just jake. He's so adorable when sleeping but when awake... He's a nightmare. I shifted out of his grip and stepped out onto the balcony. I smiled as the winter winds blew across my face shifting my dark curls. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air.
Jakes pov
I woke up.. She wasn't next to me. I shifted to sit up and saw her out on the balcony. I got out of bed and quietly walked behind her wrapping my arms around her waist from the behind. I knew she was mad at me because again.. I came home drunk. I want to stop drinking but it's hard, I don't wanna lose her either. "Good morning beautiful" I whispered in her ear and kissed her neck. She was mad at me, she shifted out of my grip making my smile fade. She looked at me dead in the eye. The cold weather made her pale except for her cheeks and nose those were bright red. She looked beautiful. "Stop" she said. "Stop what baby?" I said pulling her close. "Stop doing this!" She said pushing me off. "I know" she said looking down. "Know what baby.." I said worried she might know my secret. "What you've been hiding" she said looking at me again now her eyes hazel. Full of light but ready to break down. "Your sick" she said and walked back inside. "WHAT DID I DO BITCH?" I said and slapped her as hard as I could. She immediately fell to the floor and clutched her cheek. "Baby I'm so-" "GET OUT!" She screamed pushing me out the door. "AND TELL JUSTIN I SAID I HOPE HES HAPPY!" She knew. When I met her at the club I already knew who she was. A guy named justin payed me to hook up with her but shortly after I actually did fall in love with her. She knew and it was all ruined.

Maya's pov
How could he do this to me? Did he think I wouldn't find out? I hate him. I knew something was up. For the past six months my life has been worry free. I never got attacked or almost killed. Everything stopped. I was... Happy. I changed into shorts and a sweatshirt, I put on my nikes and put my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my new iPhone 6+ and ran out the door. I wasn't gonna let this get to me. I ran to the old forest where me and the girls made a club house... No one touched it. Just like it had been over 12 years ago. I smiled and dragged my fingers along the old wood. I climbed onto one of the swings and sat down letting my eyes blue sting with tears. I couldn't help it.. I.. I loved him. And he let me down..
My phone buzzed and it was from jake.

Babe❤️: baby please let me explain in the beginning it was a set up from justin... But i fell in love with you. You made me feel so lovable. I fucking love you and refuse to live if I don't have you. Please baby call me❤️❤️❤️💗💗💗

I sniffled and called him.
J: BABY! PLEASE IM SO SORRY I WANT TO WRAP YOU IN MY ARMS AND HOLD YOU I NEVER WANTED TO CAUSE YOU ANY PAIN PLEASE..please..
M: no
I hung up. I wasn't breaking down. I wasn't scared. I was fearless.

I ran back to the house and took all of jakes clothes out of the closet and threw them In the pool. I took a picture and sent it to him. I took a shower and changed into black leggings and a big maroon sweater with uggs. I sat down at my vanity and applied light makeup just foundation mascara and tinted Chapstick . I never really did like a lot of makeup. I walked to my closet and pulled out my dance bag from when I was on tour. "Damnit I know I left my raspberry swirl Chapstick in here!" I muttered to myself. As I was opening one of the pockets i saw a necklace...? It was a gem and had a sliver chain, it had a little note to it.

Beautiful necklace for the perfect girl. -cam

My lips started to curl into a smile and my eyes started to water as I sniffled and stood up to put it on. I looked In the mirror and tilted my head to the right. I missed cam so much. I miss all of them! Why did I leave? Why was I so stupid!? Just as my tears went away I heard someone knock on my door. With the note still in my hands I walked out of my room, downstairs, and opened the door... There was someone I never thought I would see again.