Chapter: nineteen new best friend

Maya's pov: "hey!" I jogged over to her and laughed. "Nice... Stretches?" I shrugged as I saw the way she stretched with one leg over her head as she reached for the other. "Thanks" she laughed as she got out of the origami crane pose . "Redy?" I smirked reaching for the basketball on the bench. "Babe. I was born ready." She said standing up from the bench revealing her pink nike shorts and a green sports bra. We started playing and I was winning but towards the middle she beat me and past me. Damn she was good. The score was 24-27 . I laughed as I was about to make my shot when I saw three men in masks with knives peaking out of there hands watching me. I dropped the ball, "go inside call the police and tell them to go to 23rd street behinds the big theater" I whisper commanded as she saw what I was looking at and ran inside with her phone. I knew this was it. They were done playing and so was I. As they inches closer I turned and ran, I had a plan. They followed me for about six blocks until we were about to go behind the theater someone grabbed my arm and pushed me down. The started punching and kicking me everywhere until I felt blood. I wasn't gonna give up. I kicked him in his dingleberry and ran behind the theater knowing they would follow. I saw the police and screamed for them as they all understood they grabbed guns and pointed at them. After about a hour they were off to prison and I was jogging back to the hotel. I didn't realize how scratched up I was until I saw my reflection in a mirror going up the stairs to our floor. Soon enough i heard a lot of footsteps and laughs coming down the stairs and I had to think fast. I quickly put my head all the way down so no one could see my scars and ran up the stairs. I was about to get past them when someone said "maya?" Ugh it was Matthew. " yeah?" I said not lifting my head. " where are you going we have to go meet fans now!" He laughed. " I need five minuets" I replied because I forgot about that meet thing. "We don't have five minuets come on!" He said jerking my hand causing me so flinch and look up. Everyone was there and they saw my black eye, bloody nose and lip and all my bruises. Damn. " hahaha five minuets" I said and ran up. They were chasing me but I was faster and I got in my room grabbed some clothes and locked the bathroom door. I quickly changed and cleaned my face then covered everything with makeup and let down my hair and gave it some dry shampoo because it was oily. I smiled at the results and walked out the door in my mint crop top and white high waisted shorts with a loose net cardigan and white converse. I walked into the elevator this time because I knew they were taking the stairs. I put my penny board on the floor of the elevator then as the doors opened I skated all the way out of the hotel to the event. I sat down a little later then everyone else not making she contact with anyone except the fans. The event began and it was Q&A time, ugh. Matt chose the first person it was a blonde girl with brown eyes. "Hiiii Matt." She began making him chuckle. "My question is why would any of you chose to put that slut on Magcon instead of one of your fans!?" She said pointing directly at me. I clenched my fists under the table to stay calm while the room fell quiet. I liked down at my phone trying to hold back tears but it kinda wasn't working. I saw my vision become blurry with hot, sad tears. "She's not a slut and you just answered your own question. Fans can become mean. Guys I hope you know you don't own us." Matt said a little harshly. Suddenly this big cloud of depression rose over me and I felt worthless, lifeless, like I didn't belong. The questions lasted for about a hour and of course no one asked me anything. Now it was time for pictures, the guys and girls lines were so long and there was no one in my line.. I knew i wasn't worth anything. Nothing. I'm stupid. Ugly. I can't take it. These aren't 'fans' these are rude people and I want to smack all of them with a bus. I guess the guys felt bad for me because they kept trying to look at me but I didn't take that crap. "Fine I guess I'm not wanted anyway" I lightly said under my breath before I grabbed my penny board and phone and walked out of the building.

Matts pov

I felt so bad after that girls question. I know what I did was wrong to her but I am really sorry and I think she forgave me. After the question and answer it was time for pictures and immediately all the lines filled up... Except for the one for maya, they're was no one in her line. I saw her mutter something then I saw her glossy eyes as she left with her stuff. I felt so bad. I needed to do something, the guys saw what Happened to and I could tell they felt bad.