(Sinding) Betrayed

Requested by: Iɴλ
————
It was dark, cold and somber. The only sound that he appreciated here arrived from the outside world; the caws of crows or distant howls of wolves. The swearing and shouting guards were the most irritating thing in this cell. They treated him not like a man, but a dog. Though Sinding would just stand silently in a corner, ignoring the stupid comments of the guards, he would still feel awful about them. He would miss her kind and encouraging words among this heartless company.
Sinding sat quietly in the dark prison cell, looking at a carved amulet that was given to him by the most gentlest and sweetest lady he had met. The amulet had the letter 'S' and the first letter of that lady's name carved on its surface. A small smile curled his lips when he remembered of the memories of Frostmoon Crag.
The beautiful moonlit nights of the Frostmoon Crag were the only beautiful memories that Sinding truly appreciated. The cold and ashy atmosphere wasn't very pleasant, nor the overprotectiveness and the paranoia of the Frostmoon Crag. Of course that's where he had met her, the only reasonable and caring werewolf who didn't hate the untainted for no apparent reason and would always bicker and mumble at the other Frostmoon members to be more open or not to hate or hurt outsiders. Sinding would often smile and stare at her kindness, selflessness and patience.
So many of the members would straight up laugh at her or tell her to go and mingle with her dear outsiders if she loved them so much. But she would leave for the first few hours and return soon enough, asking if anyone wanted to go and take a stroll around Raven Rock with her.
As Sinding wasn't as resentful like them, he was fond of her. Always preferring to talk to her over the others.
However, there came a time when Sinding decided that he wouldn't stay around Solstheim any longer. As he thought that his transformations had been under his control.
Sinding said his goodbyes to everyone and the only one that remained was her.
"(Y/n)" Sinding sighed of relief when he found her standing by the seas not too far from the Crag, the light from the setting sun had made her (h/c) tresses appear breathtaking. The woman turned her gaze to him when she heard his voice
"Sinding, There you are, I heard that you were leaving?" she asked, her tone cheerful as usual
"I am, Skyrim is my home that I had left long ago and now it's time to return" Sinding said smiling
"I see" the happiness in her voice seemed to dull a little when she heard that
"You... don't seem very happy?" Sinding asked, confused. To his response she laughed
"If I were happy because you were leaving then it would prove that I didn't like you that much" she said, slightly laughing
"Ah, that's true... I guess you can be a little sad but not saying that you should be... I didn't mean—" he was stuttering when he was interrupted by her soft touch on his hand
"Sinding, I understand what you meant to say" she chuckled "so are you sure? That you want to go back and live in Skyrim..." she sighed.
Sinding remembered how he was banished from living in cities because of his uncontrolled transformations, how the weak would call the beast in him... but now it didn't matter much.
"I am, I can live like an ordinary man... the transformations aren't as horrible it used to be" Sinding replied
"Well it's your wish, just don't forget about me?" (Y/n) smiled
"Never, you were the only true friend that I had in my entire time here" he chuckled
"Just friends?" she muttered before bringing out an amulet "keep this with you, a souvenir of our times together... I shall never forget you Sinding" she placed the amulet on Sinding's palm and enclosed his fingers around it, looking at him with grief.
Sinding pondered in her first statement, making him think that were they truly just friends all along? Caring not too much about it, he smiled and thanked her.
They both were lost in each other's gaze for a while, they couldn't tell if it was out of grief or longing or a regret that they wouldn't see each other again.
Whichever, Sinding smiled and thanked her before turning away from her. For the first time he had seen her in such a gloomy mood.

And yet here he was, locked up in the prison for murdering a ten year old. Reason? An unintentional transformation.
"Hey wolf breath, someone's here to meet you" a guard said before letting the visitor near his prison.
As happiness began to well up in his heart, he soon realized of the cursed beast form. The nord didn't continue on his tread and looked away from his visitor.
"It'd be better if you'd just leave... I don't want to hurt you, like I did to others" Sinding muttered
"Have I done something wrong?" she asked
"It isn't you, it's me. The cursed beast never really left my side, it didn't leave me worthy to call myself human anymore..." he sighed
"If you'd just listen... I could help you if you'd allow me..." she replied after a while
"...this is how it starts doesn't it?" Sinding sighed and listened to what she had to say...