(Astrid) A Kill For A Kill

"W-Will you kill Grelod the kind? If you kill her then you can have my family heirloom as your price and I-I can go back to the orphanage... I miss my friends there" Aventus nervously muttered, wiping away tears from his face.
(Y/n) being a strong nord warrior himself, had no intention to assault or kill anyone from the shadows. It had no sense of integrity in it. But growing up alone himself, (y/n) couldn't say no to the poor boy. The nord sighed and wanted to disagree but seeing his defenseless and hopeless younger self in the boy's eyes, he couldn't help but agree to kill the cruel old lady.
"Alright Aventus, but you must promise me that you will never contact with the Dark Brotherhood or any assassins ever again" (y/n) slightly furrowed his brows and looked at the little boy with a bit of anger
"I promise!" Aventus happily accepted the promise "but please don't hurt Constance Michel, she is always nice to us" he requested
"Alright, stay safe and away from these... rituals" (y/n) looked at the skeleton and other things that the young boy was performing a ritual on, he looked away when he felt his stomach turn with sickness before proceeding to leave the house.
A masked woman saw the conversation from the shadows, frowning when she saw him accept the contract. Annoyed, she intended to steal it, leaving as soon as the nord exited the Aretino residence.

Standing far on a hill outside the city, she waited. At the edge of her arrow rested the old lady's fate. The sharp tip of the arrow oozed with a blood freezing poison, a heartless smile curled her seductive lips when she pulled the bowstring to its fullest, intending to let the arrow fly any moment now.

Opening the orphanage door, (y/n) heard the most aggravating and awful words someone could say to orphans. And it made his blood boil to see an old woman of all people uttering those wretched words, he sighed and asked for forgiveness from Talos for killing an unarmed and weak opponent. The nord then unsheathed the mighty battleaxe and charged at the cruel woman. The old lady couldn't repeat her awful threats any longer when her head rolled around on the floor. (Y/n)'s armor was stained in the blood of an innocent, yet he questioned himself was Grelod truly so? All his thoughts were interrupted when he heard the children laugh in joy. Thanking (y/n) and Aventus for ending their torment.
The nord smiled to himself, letting the happiness of these poor kids be his own happiness as he stepped away from the orphanage. Swearing upon his own soul to never kill another innocent soul again.

The true assassin of the old lady was furious to see her kill stolen like that. An ironclad nord of all people had stolen the kill of a master assassin, he must pay for it. The woman took another arrow from her quiver, dipping it will a paralyzing poison and shot it with perfect accuracy towards the nord. She smiled when he fell on the ground, motionless. "There is work to do, Astrid" she muttered to herself and began to work on her plans.

The feeling of numbness in his limbs began to fade, he began to flutter his eyes open but he could feel a horrible headache as he attempted to. "What... where..." (y/n) muttered, holding his head as he tried to sit up.
The nord was startled when he heard a hushed laughter, looking up to find a woman casually sitting above a wardrobe, dressed in a dark and leathery armor that hugged her shapely figure.
The lidded, smoky eyes were the only feature of her face that weren't masked in red or black. If not for kidnapping (y/n) like this, he would surely find her very interesting.
"Sleep well?" the woman purred, bringing him back from his musings
"Where in the name of Talos have you brought me, you witch?!" he hissed, looking around nervously for his trusty battleaxe
"Now now, I was courteous enough with you and didn't kill you like I should've" she responded, her eyes slightly slanting, indicating that she was smiling under her mask
"Kill? me? You must be a skooma chugger to think that you can slay the strongest warrior (y/n)" he boasted "now if you want to live, let me get out of here without much trouble... I forgive you for kidnapping me like this" (y/n) didn't care for her threats at all.
Astrid rolled her eyes and stepped down from the wardrobe, walking near the nord and gently caressing his cheek with her gloved hand. Though he frowned and glared at her, her unexpected touch on his face had taken him by surprise, causing him to almost shiver.
"Aww look, a typical warrior... look around you my dear, if the dead silence didn't give it away then can you hear the crickets? Do you hear any other people except us? I'm afraid this isn't Windhelm my dear, that your fellow brothers are going to save you" her words were threatening but sounded as quiet and peaceful like a seductive whisper "I could kill you in the most painful way, you can scream your lungs out and alas no one would arrive to help you" she gently lifted his chin, setting his face aside so that his ear were near her lips "unless you are willing to do something for me" she whispered.
(Y/n) frowned and took a step back, feeling his back pressed against the wall "f-fine..." he muttered, anger boiling in his voice
"Hmm" Astrid chuckled "you see those three unlucky sods? Kill one of them, they are all marked for death... choose your kill" she muttered and let her hand brush his cheek gently. (Y/n) caught her wrist and frowned at her "their crimes?" he asked impatiently
"Who knows? The black sacrament was performed and now they need to be sent to Sithis, do that and you are free to go" Astrid let her voice become a little serious when she saw him hold her wrist
"I won't kill innocents like this, I'm no spineless assassin" he said angrily, glaring at her
"Don't make me angry now... or else" she threatened.
Astrid gasped when she felt her back pressed against the wall, as (y/n) kept his hand around her neck, waiting to strangle her if she attempted something funny
"Or else what?" he mocked
"Challenging me are you?" Astrid laughed "let's see you try..." her gaze danced with taunts, his with annoyance. Yet he could detect the mischief in her eyes, was all this really a game to her?...