(Vilkas) Enemies Part 2

It is a Morndas evening, 13th of Sun's Dusk. I've been running away from Krev's assassins for about a week now. Hiding, covering my tracks and so many other things to keep myself alive. Twice I had to run and sneakily kill two mercenaries whom he sent after me, and one was waiting for a dagger pressed against my neck. I would have died if I was a deep sleeper.
I had abandoned his bandit group that he calls loyal Silverhands, now I have to pay the price in blood.
I wish I knew of this, I would've died at the hands of an honorable Companion than this. But now I just sound like an old nord.
Snowy has been sad since I left the Whiterun Hold. My life was spared by that warrior but what can I do now? I'm asking myself this very question almost everyday now.
Sooner or later I will have to return to a city and I know that among its crowded streets, Krev's assassins will be waiting for me.
————
(Y/n) closed her journal, putting away the quill before she took a deep breath, a cold breeze passed her by as she stared at the looming shadow of Dragonsreach in a distance. It is either death by a group of Silverhand bandits or join the Companions and live as a warrior.
It is now or never, she thought before pushing aside her fears far back in her mind.
The snow wolf pup poked his head out from her bag and looked at her before hiding his head again.
The woman pulled the reins of the old mare and galloped towards Whiterun.

The Companion sat alone in the dark mead hall, for the first time in years this grand fireplace is darkened. And Vilkas was its mourning shadow, he still couldn't forget how their leader died in front of him.
The nord felt weak and worthless that how incapable he was, so much so that he had robbed them off of their leader. And now with Skjor and Kodlak gone, it fell upon Vilkas to lead the Companions.
But he was doubtful, pessimistic about his leadership even and expected a failure of an ancient group of warriors.
Vilkas exhaled a deep breath and hid his face in his hands, as if trying to hide away from the horrible truth of this world.
"What am I going to do?" Vilkas stared at the extinguished fireplace "This is where we all fail... the Silverhand has won... if I was only—" he was interrupted when he felt a soft thing brushing close to his feet.
Vilkas was startled and looked quickly to find a snow wolf pup, the one that jumped down from that Silverhand warrior that day. The pup barked at him before he tried to climb up on the table.
Vilkas smiled and picked up the pup, but he was cautious. Looking around carefully for its owner. The nord looked for the owner for a long while but she was nowhere to be seen. And the pup had begun crying by now, Vilkas petted it but it was of no use.
The nord stepped outside Jorrvaskr and in the light of the aurora show, he saw someone on the building's roof.
Vilkas cautiously took a ladder and climbed it up to the rooftop, ready to strike the person should the need rise.

"I believe you are looking for this" (y/n) turned her head quickly when she heard the voice.
The woman had frozen in fear when she saw that same warrior holding her Snowy towards her.
Vilkas placed the pup on her lap when she refused to take it, before sitting down beside her. "So why are you here? Trying to kill the last leading role of the Companions?" Vilkas coldly said. But it was nothing unexpected to her, she gulped and eased her posture
"I... I know what I have done..." she timidly muttered
"You should" he immediately replied
"I helped them get close to your leader... but I never knew that they would kill an old man so mercilessly" she answered, her eyes showed true regret for her actions
"Funny, how you don't know your own group... why am I not surprised" Vilkas sighed, looking away from her
"For this... I want to join your company... help you take the revenge for killing him" she said
"Kodlak would never want a revenge, he was far more wiser than that... a wise leader whom YOU killed" Vilkas frowned and stood up "I'll let you walk away again, but should I see you here again, you might breathe your last" he glared at her, turned around and attempted to leave. (Y/n) quickly stood up and held his arm "no! Wait, please listen" she pleaded "I didn't have a choice, they would've killed me if I didn't help... I... only wish to join your company and fight them!" (Y/n) stared at Vilkas with bated breath.
Vilkas turned his gaze to her, her (e/c) eyes looking into his grey ones with pleas and grief. The woman was guilty and she accepted it, something Vilkas appreciated but was she truly trying to fix her errors? The nord sighed
"If you can prove your loyalty, I will surely let you join"
"I will" she immediately said.
Vilkas nodded slightly and looked away, he didn't believe he allowed a Silverhand member to join his Companions. But he let his heart do this decision, all he can do now was to pray for the best...