(Elenwen) The Smooth Culprit

Art by Cethlenn from Deviantart
————
The howling winds outside collided on the etched glass windows of the embassy. If one weren't familiar with the noise, they would mistake it for a knock. The cold breeze threatened to break the fragile glass and scare away the warmth inside, even the cold here was as stubborn as the residents of Skyrim, Elenwen thought. Royalty, aristocracy pranced around with the most beautiful postures, some dancing most gracefully and their manners as they greeted the host of the party was most courteous.
Some Jarls however, tried their best to avoid the lady Elenwen or criticize her in their sweet words. The elven woman only laughed and answered in a way that left most of them speechless, the reddish aura left on their faces afterwards told her everything she needed to know.
And some Jarls like Erikur glanced or gawked at Elenwen in the hopes of her returning it, so that they could share a laughter, dance together and he could steal away the altmer beauty for the evening. The lady's most loyal agents like Ondolemar glared and silently warned them from her side, all the events that were going on here made her laugh. If only there was something more interesting to do, Elenwen sighed.

The doors of the embassy opened, closing after a few moments. Elenwen left the main hall to greet the guest, she expected another of the Jarls but was pleasantly surprised when her expectations were proven wrong.
As the elven woman approached the doors she found a Dunmer dressed in fine robes, resembling those of high nobility in Morrowind. A strange mask covered his face, he opened it as soon as he saw the host, revealing a gaunt and graceful appearance, his brows were slightly frowning but upon looking closely it was his Dunmeri warpaint that made it appear that way.
"Greetings, I believe you are the host of this soirée?" he smiled, the sternness on his expressions fading away immediately
"Yes I am Elenwen, pleased to meet you" she answered after a moment, returning the smile with her own
"(Y/n)" he introduced himself "I must say, quite an impressive reception"
"Thank you, I host such parties often and it is good to see someone appreciating quality" Elenwen said, wanting to say something more but was interrupted by the barkeeper
"Madam it appears we have run out of Alto Wine, do I have the permission to uncork the bottle of Cyrodiilic Brandy..."
"Of course, I thought I told you not to bother me with such trifles!" Elenwen angrily replied to the barkeeper
"Yes Madame Ambassador" the wood elf said.
The altmer turned her gaze to the guest
"My apologies, it appears that we have to get better acquainted later, please enjoy the party" she said, watching as the guest left for the main hall. While she made sure that none of the others bothered her later on.

Arriving in the main hall, Elenwen noticed that the newly arrived guest was a well known man. Jarls knew him as close friends and even the lady's agents were quite fond of him.
"It appears that you are quite famous" Elenwen said, her tone was a little sarcastic
"I presume that I am" (y/n) chuckled "or I just have friends in high places" he shrugged
"I find myself quite curious as to why a person of such fine etiquette doing in this..." Elenwen wrinkled her nose for a moment before regaining her composure "erm... in Skyrim?" she smiled, refraining from vocalizing her contempt for this land.
The fair stranger's calm gaze looked a little nervous upon hearing that question but without letting the silence hang in the air for long, he said "business and such, and maybe partly to see what beauty this land has to offer" (y/n) chuckled "but I believe I'm going to bore both of us if we were to just stand here and talk, why don't we dance for a while?" the dunmer stretched out his palm to the altmer lady, smiling charmingly when she looked at him with a hint of shyness.
"I'm honored" Elenwen placed her hand on his, accepting the offer.

The centre of the ballroom was unoccupied, a few noble couples danced around them, seeming like they were the centre of attention. The dunmer entangled his fingers with Elenwen's, his (e/c) eyes piercing into her golden ones, his gaze weren't intended to intimidate her but she felt it anyway but the lady appreciated it. Elenwen felt (y/n)'s arm slither around her slender waist, feeling a pull towards him, she prevented herself from falling or going too close by holding his shoulder. Their eyes looked into each other's, both couldn't tell what emotions dwelt in them. Then slowly they danced, letting a rhythm settle in with the music.
"Now it's my turn, what is a beauty like you doing so far away from the golden and magical Isles of Summerset?" (Y/n) asked
"As much as I would love to return to the Isles my duties as the Thalmor ambassador to Skyrim brings me here... but I assure you that we intend only peace here and so does our Justiciars" Elenwen answered
"Justiciars?" he appeared confused
"They are so often misunderstood but their intentions are quite simple, to maintain the peace between the Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire" Elenwen laughed slightly "but enough about politics, it appears that I have seen you before?"
"Maybe" (y/n) said "somewhere during an execution" his voice sounded a little cold as he said that before he slowly twirled the lady, causing her dark robes to motion gracefully before falling still at her feet. Seeing the suspicion in her eyes he quickly said "in a past life perhaps, maybe we were a king and a queen standing beside each other and watching lawbreakers being executed before us" (y/n) chuckled at the statement, so did Elenwen
"You do know how to make someone laugh, and make them think afterwards" she smiled
"Glad to be able to make you smile my lady" he replied, stroking her jawline gently "though I will say before I leave... keep your caution as high as your pride" he smiled slyly, placing a gentle, momentary kiss on her lips. The dunmer then walked away from the ballroom, leaving Elenwen in surprise as she watched him disappear in the shadowy corridors. The woman doesn't know for how long she stood like that but she was brought back into reality when she heard her guards shouting from the other rooms, it didn't take long for her understand who this invader was. Elenwen angrily looked up at the rooms on second floor "well played (y/n)... well played"...