(Mercer Ending) Thieving Thieves

Art by Haekate from deviantart
————
"Now, meet me in Snow Veil Sanctum... I've got a special surprise for you there" Mercer chuckled as he slowly let her part from him
"S-Surprise?" (y/n) said, trying to appear calm
"Surprises aren't meant to be spoken out loud, go and meet me there... don't be late" Mercer smiled and winked at her. The woman nervously chuckled and left the guild chamber. He surely knew how to make someone a bit nervous.

"Late as usual..." Mercer sighed as he stood in the cold outside Snow Veil Sanctum. Waiting for the two other members to show up.
After a few moments (y/n) and Brynjolf finally showed up. "Ah finally decided to show up" Mercer said, unamused.
"Yeah it isn't very easy to find an entrance of a dungeon in middle of this snow" Brynjolf said
"Moreover if it is covered in snow itself" (y/n) replied.
"Hmph, now that you two have showed up, let's go in" Mercer rolled his eyes and unlocked the sealed gate of the sanctum easily.

When they first entered, there were strange noises in the crypt and disembodied cries of pain. "What the hell am I hearing?!" (Y/n) was taken by surprise when she heard these
"Forgot to tell you, this crypt is infested with draugr" Mercer chuckled
"Why didn't you tell me first?!" she shouted
"I didn't want ya to chicken out" Mercer shrugged and continued to travel deeper into the dungeon.
"Mercer look!" Brynjolf shouted all of a sudden to see a large group of draugr running towards them.
"Engage the corpses in melee, Brynjolf!" Mercer commanded as they both ran towards the draugrs and began attacking them.
Now (y/n) had to take the role of the archer, not that she was a bad one but she was constantly getting too close to the undead for her arrows to work.
So she ran to the far end of the chamber, unknown to the fact that she was about to step on a trap pressure plate.
Mercer fortunately saw her and ran quickly towards her, pulling her by her wrist away from the trap, causing her to almost land on him. They both shared a momentary gaze into each other's eyes
"You were about to become a target dummy for those arrows" he muttered
"G-Got it" she nervously nodded
Mercer smiled and shot down three more draugrs who were about to sneak up on them.
The newest thief raised a brow at the precision of his shots before going back to attacking the undead.

"look a Nordic door, these gates won't work without its perfectly matching claw" Mercer said, looking at the ancient gate
"So we're screwed?" Brynjolf looked like he was about to explode with anger
"There's got to be another option! We didn't go through all this for nothing" (y/n) said impatiently
"There is" Mercer casually said and fiddled around with the contraptions, bringing hopes back for them "just with the right method... there!" Mercer grinned when the door did three consecutive noises and opened. There was a metal barred after that, with its lever perfectly visible.
(Y/n) rushed towards the gate and pulled the lever, walking inside the chamber. Mercer followed her there but when Brynjolf attempted, the gate closed on him.
"What the—" by the time (y/n) looked back, she was hit on her knees that caused her to fall on the ground. A cold, golden blade rested on her neck and the one who held it... was Mercer.
"Mercer?!" she gasped
"About time you realized I wasn't very friendly" he chuckled
"You disgusting traitor!"
"Oh please, practice your heroic dialogues in the afterlife. Plead, and I may still let you live" Mercer slightly scratched her neck, drawing out a drop of blood that soon dried on the blade.
"Plead? Mercer, if you are so certain then go ahead and kill me... I don't think you'll ever be the same after killing me" she coldly said.
Mercer was surprised by hearing that, he was about to slit her throat but stopped at her words. Sheathing the blade, he knelt beside her, lifting her head by her chin and staring coldly into her soul
"You win this one" he whispered and brushed her cheek, holding her behind her head and pulled her into a kiss. (Y/n) didn't expect this, she had thought that he would just leave her but seeing him kiss her, she was shocked and yet pleasantly surprised...