(Teldryn Sero) Embers- Part 2

Seeing the dark elf wake up the nord stepped aside from him "remember that we need to kill spineless bandits? This is the best time to get there" the nord said "meet me outside the camp in a few minutes, we'll tear down their camp afterwards" he grinned before almost running out from this makeshift tent.
Teldryn sighed in disbelief, he couldn't believe how overconfident this nord was but that wasn't the point. This is probably the third time in this week alone that he had that same nightmare, as much as Teldryn would like to dismiss it as 'just a dream' it had become far too recurrent to look at it that way.
On one hand the dunmer would laugh at the notion of dreams being an ominous sign but on the other it reminded him of that very woman whom he had lost to the fires of Red Mountain. The mercenary sighed, hugging his knees and burying his face in his arms, he was so torn apart between this. "If only I could just forget about the past and move on..." he thought to himself, cursing this failure under his breath. A failure to move on, something that he has been trying ever since Teldryn left the city of Blacklight.

"We need to get moving before the sunrise damn it!" Teldryn's nord companion shouted from outside the tent
"Coming" Teldryn unenthusiastically replied as he pushed aside the warm blanket and stepped outside the tent.
Just as the mercenary did so the merciless cold winds blanketed his body, threatening to freeze his very bones. Teldryn twitched from the cold, seeing this the nord grinned at him
"Guess you could use some of that nord blood in you... but you're no vampire so make use of this fine nord mead" he laughed, stretching out the uncorked bottle of mead towards the dunmer mercenary.
Teldryn put on his helmet and rolled his eyes at that statement "keep your nord mead to yourself, you never know when someone would prefer that nord blood over this... this beverage" he mocked, somewhat thankful that this ill tempered client of his couldn't see his pure disdain for him.
"Suit yerself" the nord shrugged and kept on moving through the snow, his dusty fur cape dragging behind him. The mercenary glanced around, it was always his job to keep open eyes and ears as his companion was too busy boasting about his own heroics. Teldryn looked up at the sky, he was happy that there was no dragon and that it was riddled with aurora lights, making this journey a little easier with its divine light.

"Hey dark elf, you ever look up at the sky and wonder what them lights are" the nord suddenly began
"They are caused by when the sun rays clash with our world's atmosphere or something" Teldryn shrugged
"Nah, they show up when the heroes up in Sovngarde are having a grand celebration and welcoming a true son of Skyrim among them" the nord replied proudly. The dunmer mercenary simply nodded to that statement, his efforts to explain would be futile anyway. "So being the proud and honorable warrior you are" Teldryn started "why are you going to attack on this bandit camp at night? Even after knowing they all would be fast asleep" he questioned, however he couldn't really concentrate on what his companion said as an answer when Teldryn noted an unusual disturbance in their otherwise calm surroundings. Keeping his hands close to his blade Teldryn looked behind him from his shoulder, he expected to see nothing but an empty road... but he was wrong.
Galloping tirelessly came a dark as night horse, its eyes glowing with a murderous crimson as it headed swiftly towards the duo, as if thirsting blood.

Teldryn attempted to warn the nord of this but the horse was quicker, it charged towards them and missed from injuring them by just an inch. The nord warrior and his dunmer companion crashed on the snowy ground on opposite sides of the road.
The pinkish chitin helmet rolled away from Teldryn's head, by the time he looked, it had been lost in the ivory piles of snow.
Caring less about the headpiece, the dunmer stood up and looked for his companion. It didn't take even a single minute to find him fighting against a darkly armored figure, struggling in fact, against the figure's quick movements. Teldryn rushed to help the nord but by the time he reached the assailant, they had pushed the nord who injured his head against a tree and fell unconscious.
The figure turned around, revealing its eyes to be almost glowing under the aurora lights, like that horse, only it was filled with far more rage. Seeing Teldryn the hooded figure appeared to be surprised, refraining from attacking the mercenary even after he approached with aggression.
"Fetcher..." Teldryn growled and attacked, the shadowy character blocked with the nord's shield before throwing it aside and attempting to retreat into the forests.

Teldryn was quick in his actions, he picked up that shield and threw it towards the assailant, targeting the feet. Causing the figure to lose footing and crash unto the snow.
The mercenary walked towards the shadowy figure and held his sword on the neck.
The assailant glared through the hood, trying to scare the mercenary. Yet it only managed to make the dunmer laugh.
"Enough playing the assassin, say you're a bad one at that" Teldryn taunted "guess I get to see your villainous face now" he knelt before the figure as they growled at him. But he pulled down the hood anyway... only it wasn't a 'villainous' face as Teldryn thought, he couldn't believe that she was sitting before him, alive and well. "Teldryn..." (y/n) muttered in astonishment, it appeared that she too had accepted that he was lost forever.

The mercenary blinked his eyes, slowly a smile curled his lips as in happiness he pulled his beloved into his embrace. It still felt unreal as her ever familiar scent kissed his nostrils again, when he cradled her small form in his arms and to hear her voice after this many years. And to (y/n) this feeling was even more so, her heart being burdened by grief and rage for so long had finally the peace it needed so desperately. There wasn't a need for words any longer, the tears of joy that they both shed and the loving embrace which they were both entwined in spoke more than any words...