Part 003

Hank and I returned back to the crime scene. "Lieutenant Anderson, Lieutenant (L/N), is everything alright?" Connor asked as the two of us walked out. "Just couldn't stand the smell. That's all," I lied, looking at him and giving a fake smile. Connor nodded a small bit, and I had to now try to turn the attention from me to the case. "Did you find any sort of things on who killed her?" I asked, walking in again and covering my nose from the stench. "There is no traces of thirium that I am able to scan, but there is traces of human finger prints on the dead body," Connor said.

"Did you find out who the fingerprints belong to?" Hank asked, walking into the room and looking down at the body. "Yes, it belongs to Rand Russo," Connor explained to us, and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Rand Russo? I went to highschool with him. Are you sure that it was his finger prints?" I asked, being there in a state of shock almost. "Yes. I am sure." Connor said, and I just shook my head. "Never expected that to happen, he was such a great guy," I said. "The good ones could always become bad," Hank said, patting me on the back a little bit. "Well, let's go see what else we can find out," I said and quickly walked off. I made my way to the victims kitchen, seeing as the back door was connected to there. I checked to see if there was sign of a break in, since there were no signs at the front door.

As I was searching the door, I could hear some distant talking from the other room. It was the sound of Connor's voice, and Hank's. I slowly walked over as quiet as I could, listening into their conversation. "Are you sure (Y/N) is okay, Lieutenant? She seems as if she is getting sick," Connor said, hearing as if he was worried about me. "Yea. She's good. She just is probably getting a cold or something, or as she said, it was the smell that she couldn't stand in here," Hank lied to Connor, and I let out a sigh in relief. "You are not lying, are you Lieutenant Anderson?" Connor asked, and I almost immediately went tense. "I'm not, trust me Connor," Hank said, and I walked back into the room before anything else could be said.

"It looks as if Rand Russo broke in through the back door," I said, the two of them turning to look at me. "Well, let's get back to the station and try to find where Rand went," Hank said, and I nodded. We all then walked out together and made our way back to the station. I drove in my own car, while Connor and Hank drove in Hank's car together. I tried to think of someone else in the car, other than Connor, who was invading my thoughts. 'C'mon (Y/N), think about Rand, the killer you knew in highschool. C'mon' I repeated to myself in my head, trying to make my brain understand that I couldn't throw up again on the side of the road. Not. Again.

I decided to pick up my phone and call my mom, hoping it would distract me until I reached the station. As I listened to the phone ring, my mom answered. "Hey mom," I said in a calm tone. "Hi kiddo, how is work going lately?" She asked me, in her sweet little, old lady sorta tone. "It's going good, I'm coming down with a cold right now, which sucks." "That does sound horrible. You try taking any medicine?" She asked me, and I nervously chuckled. "Yes mom, of course I am." I said with a small smile. "How are your two partners? Hank and... Connor?" She asked and I could almost start to feel my thoughts shift back to Connor. I just shook my head.

"Great. They're both great. Trust me." I said, trying to think about the stupid case again. I had to keep Connor out of my mind or.. oh no. As more thoughts started to drift to Connor, I could feel the flower petals filling up into my lungs. "Hey, I'm back at the station mom, I've got to go," I said, trying to hold back coughing out the petals everywhere. "Okay honey, I hope to hear from you soon," she said. "Mhm, bye," I said quickly, hanging up and trying to get to the station before I have to cough it up all over again. I held back the cough as much as I could, but soon it started to try to come out more and more. It was too hard to hold back.

I just stopped the car, and got out to cough for the billionth time today. I got to the ground and started coughing. What I didn't notice is the car that pulled over next to me. And the car belonged to Detective Gavin Reed.

A/N: this chapter was hard to write because I have not slept well and have been stuck in school lately so uh, whooo! ill try to update as soon as I can, but it's really, REALLY hard. so yep.