Part 023

I groaned when I couldn't get into the information about Michael. "Damnit! Cmon," I yelled, staring at the stupid computer in front of me. "What is it, (Y/N)?" Connor asked, looking at me. "I keep running into issues while trying to hack into Michael's medical records," I said, trying to get past the security block once again. "Shouldn't you try not to do that?" Hank asked, and I just shrugged. "Nope!" I said, still trying to get to his medical records.

"I could just ask my mom for the records, but she doesn't know, and she lives out of state," I said. Hank raised an eyebrow, shaking his head. "(Y/N), take a break, you've been doing this for like, an hour by now," Connor said. I looked at Connor again, sighing. "Alright alright," I said, looking back at the computer and typed one more password in for the security block. I was in. "Hell yea!" I screamed, raising my arms up in cheer. I turned in my swivel chair. "Guess who did it?" I asked, and Connor giggled.

The giggle made my heart practically jump. It was a surprise, and I gave him a smile a little. I almost felt the petals attempt to force themselves out of my lungs. I held them in. "See? Look where years of hacking can get you," I said, standing up. Then I started to stretch. "I sooooo need to stretch more often," I said, bending backwards. "I could help you with that. Would you like me to try and sign you up for a yoga class?" Connor asked, and I chuckled. "No, I'm okay Connor," I said. Connor nodded, and I started to walk off. "Where the fuck are you going?" Hank asked.

"Coffee, I'm gonna be here all night," I said, and he sighed. "You better not drink too much," Hank said. "Lieutenant Anderson is right, it can be bad for you," Connor said, making me stop and turn around on my heels. "Connor," I said, making him look at me. "I love ya and all, but," I paused, sticking up my middle finger. "Do you do that to people who always try to get you to quit coffee?" Hank asked. "I've said it to you before, many times. Even Gavin. Those exact words," I said, putting my hand down. "I'll be back," I said, and turned around again, walking off.

I reached the break room, going over to the coffee machine. I sighed, getting myself some black coffee. I'll add sugar and all that shit later. "Well well, seems as little miss (Y/N) over here seems to be getting caught up in her feelings again," the disgusting voice of Gavin Reed greeted me from behind. "Ah, you're back from killing your lungs?" I asked, glaring at him while filling my coffee cup. "Surprised you aren't dead yet, seeing how much you smoke. And how damaged your organs are," I said, looking back at my coffee. "What would you know?" Gavin cocked back.

"You had a few surgeries due to multiple fights and accidents, all giving you internal bleeding. Your kidney almost failed, and in your most recent surgery, your heart couldn't take the pressure it was under during that surgery, and your heart had stopped. When you smoke to much, your heart can hardly with stand the pressure of surgery. Get more internal bleeding, and have another surgery, you could die," I explained, pouring sugar into my cup. I could tell he was shocked by his stuttering. "How do you know all that!?" He raised his voice.

I looked at him, leaning on the counter. "I've got my ways," I said, taking a sip of the cup. "Also, you once had surgery for the hanahaki disease. That was 2 years ago," I said. Gavin almost choked on his spit, staring at me. "I knew you were partially heartless, but you were scared, so scared, to be broken once again. You loved her.." I muttered the last sentence, pausing as I could see Gavin wanting to scream. "How hard was it to make that decision?" I finished calmly. Gavin crossed his arms, looking away. "What good does it do to you? You got your android boyfriend back," Gavin's voice cracked, and I sighed. "We had to erase his memories, afraid Cyberlife would've never sent him back. You never even knew we were together, so that's the truth. He died and I was broken. I loved him a lot, I still do, and before he died, so did he," I said. Gavin slowly looked back at me. "And.. you erased his memories? Knowing you'd get sick again?" He asked quietly. "If it meant to get him back, I was fine with that," I said.

"Gavin, you may piss me off a lot with how you are, but I've never HATED you. I knew you went through the same heart breaking shit, but she was human. So you got the surgery," I took a small step towards him, and he almost looked defeated. "You thinking about it..?" He asked me quietly. I shrugged, sipping my coffee again. "I don't know. I can't leave hank behind, knowing he can't lose another person again. And you, well, I can't leave you behind," I said. "Maybe after all these stupid years of pissing each other off, we could become friends?" I asked, looking at him. My eyes could show how anxious I was. I didn't think Gavin could ever like me as his friend. And I mean EVER.

He nodded, giving a small smirk. "Maybe," He said, and I smiled. "Now, go home, it's late and you need sleep." "What about you?" He asked. I almost snorted. "I've got enough time on my hands. I'm gonna be here all night," I said. He shook his head. "As usual." I rolled my eyes, going to sit at the table. "If it starts to get worse, and maybe Connor doesn't get those memories back. Will you consider the surgery?" Gavin asked, standing near the door. I shrugged. "I'll have to think about it. It isn't an easy decision," I said. He nodded, rubbing his eyes. "I'm gonna go home now, and actually catch some z's. Bet you'll be here the second I walk in," he said while I almost chugged the last bit of my coffee. "Hell yes I am," I said. "Goodbye Gavin," I said as I smiled the smallest bit. "Goodbye (Y/N)."

A/N: ah, some sad, some wholesome, and I had such a great Friday. I've started to take my space away from my ex, and I have been focusing so much more on my mental health. Today I felt so happy, it was absolutely amazing. I hope everyone's having a good day, and sorry this chapter was a tiny bit late. :)