Part 010

A/N: italics are flashbacks y'all.

((Y/N) POV)

"Lieutenant Anderson, this is your new partner, a new detective of ours, Detective (L/N)," Captain Fowler introduced us. I shook Lieutenant Anderson's hand, giving a nice smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lieutenant Anderson," I say, and he smiles. "And it is a pleasure to meet you too, Detective (L/N)," He said. "You two, and a team of many officers are all assigned to investigate any cases involving a new drug called 'red ice.' There are many cases related to it, and now it's becoming an epidemic," Captain Fowler had informed the both of us, and we nodded in sync as we both looked at him. "Don't worry Captain, we will not let you down," Lieutenant Anderson said, and I nodded in agreement. "You both better not."

"Hank! Cmon! We need to get to work!" I yelled across the apartment, getting my shoes on as he had still not got out of bed. I rolled my eyes, making my way to his room, but before I could open the door, he did. "When can I move out? You're difficult to live with," he said and I smiled. "Awe cmon hank, you love me." He rolled his eyes. "I'm allowing you to stay here until you've finished moving in to your house. So be thankful," I said, and Hank groaned. "I would be if you weren't waking me up at the crack of dawn." "The only reason I woke you up at that time is cause our shift starts at 7 am today. We've got more shit on red ice again," I informed him, pushing his jacket onto his chest. "Now get ready!" I yelled after walking away.

(3rd Person POV)

Hank and Connor sat in the waiting room of the hospital, Hank bouncing his leg up and down and Connor playing around with his coin out of nervousness. The doctor walked out, looking around the waiting room. "Anyone here for (Y/F/N) (L/N)?" He asked, and Connor and hank stood up fast. "We are," Connor said, and the doctor walked over. "(Y/N) had suffered from major blood loss and the bullet ended up lodged in their abdomen. I need you just to sign this to understand that she needs a blood transfusion, and surgery to remove the bullet," he said and Hank decided to sign the paper work.

"After surgery, (Y/N) is gonna need to be in the hospital for a few days, and out of work for maybe a month. The bullet didn't cause major damage, but enough damage to cause a lot of pain," He finished and Connor nodded. "I will make sure she rest until she heals." He informed the doctor. "Thank you. She will need to come back after the month for a checkup," he paused, taking out a business card and handing Connor the card. "Here's my card, just call me and we can make the appointment. Sound good?" "Yes, thank you Dr. Rodgers," Hank said, and handed back the paperwork. Dr. Rodgers smiled and walked back to the patients. Hank and Connor sat back down, going back to their antics of worrying. "What if she doesn't make it Hank? I can't lose her. I.. I feel this great feeling in my chest when I'm around her, she makes me so happy," Connor said, and Hank looked at him. "Connor, that's love. You love her." He said, and Connor looked at him, confused.

"I.. love her?"

Hank patted her back, making sure Cole was busy playing with Sumo. "You're okay, it'll end soon," he said, holding her hair back with his other hand. (Y/N) continued to throw up the petals, and stems, and leaves, and blood all from being able to get over someone before the disease had taken her completely over. "It's almost over," Hank said, hear the vomiting slowly come to an end as she coughed. "Fuck.." she muttered, a few more coughs following. "Why? Why do I have to keep falling into this?" She asked, and Hank just shrugged. "I don't know, (Y/N/N). I wish I knew," Hank said, and she gently moved away, her mouth covered in blood and old petals. Hank took a towel, dropping her hair and wiping her mouth. After he finished, she smiled. "What would I ever do without you?" She asked, and he smiled. "Crash and burn," he said, and they laughed. She leaned on him, and he wrapped an arm around her. "You're forever my best friend, you have no choice," She said and he chuckled. "Oh shit."

(Y/N) knocked on Hank's door, holding a small present in her hand. Hank opened the door, and smiled. "You made it just in time," he said, inviting her in. "I thought I was late, traffic was hell," she said, Hank shutting the door behind her. "Aunt (Y/N/N)!" Cole's voice yelled from down the hall, running into the living room. "Hey buddy!" She said excitedly, kneeling down to give him a hug. Hank walked over to the couch, sitting down. "You are late," he said, and she chuckled. "I know, but I would never miss my nephews birthday," she said, pulling out the present. "Ooohhh! Whatcha get me!?" Cole asked, basically I jumping up and down. "Open it up," she said, hank standing up and walking over to see. Cole excitedly unwrapped the present, opening the box that was wrapped. "Cool! A Spider-Man watch!" He said, smiling. "Happy 5th birthday bud," she said, smiling. "I'm gonna go put this in my room!" He yelled, rubbing to his room. "Be careful Cole," Hank called out, and (Y/N) stood up, smiling as she turned to Hank. "You're his favorite aunt." "I'm his only aunt, Hank," (Y/N) said. "Not by blood, of course, but I love that he loves you a lot," he said. (Y/N) smiled at Hank. "And I love your kid. He's got great potential," She said.

Hours later, the waiting room became empty as Hank and Connor sat there. "Lieutenant Anderson, I suggest you go home and rest. It's going to be a while until the surgery is over," Captain Fowler said, and Hank just sighed. "I can't. I can't leave her. I need to be here when it's over," he said, and Connor looked at him. "You're sleep deprived, Lieutenant. If you went home and slept, it would help you calm down," Connor said, Hank looking at him. "Fine," he paused, grumbling. "But you're coming with me," he said, and Connor nodded. "I'll call you when she wakes up gentlemen," Captain Fowler said, and Hank nodded. As he started to walk out, he stopped and looked to Captain Fowler. "Night captain," he said, and Hank walked out, Connor following behind him. He tried to just focus on Lieutenant Anderson, but deep inside him, he only worried about (Y/N), and how he would manage to tell her that he loves her.

Especially knowing that she's dying from the disease still.

A/N: fUCK, this chapter, was so pure. I had never smiled so much more writing a chapter than writing this one. I shouldn't have made it so pure. Anyways, I am just in love with writing this book, but I don't want to end it. So, please shoot me some ideas so I don't have to end it. I just want the happy love moment. aaAAA!