Part 028

"Awe cmon! I can mostly stand! I really want to come on this investigation," I whined. "(Y/N), you haven't been cleared yet, and you haven't even fully recovered. You can only MOSTLY stand," Hank protested against me, and I sighed. "Fine, but neither of you three are allowed to die," I said, and Gavin patted my head. "I'm not that dumb," he said. I rolled my eyes, nodding. "I know, but still, don't die," I said again, and I laid myself down. Hank smiled to us on the couch. "You two better not blow up my house. Stay safe kids," he said, and we waved to him as they walked out. I sighed, looking at (Y/BF/N) and they looked back at me. We both grinned, and they jumped up. "Let's do this," they said.

I used the walker to make it around the house, designing it for Hank's birthday. I texted all my friends at the station, most of them answered. "Hey, (Y/N), I'm running out to get some beer!" (Y/BF/N) yelled to me as I was grabbing more decorations from the extra room. "Okay, people will be here soon by the time your back," I yelled back. "Okay, be careful on your own!" They yelled, and soon I heard the door close. I grab the decorations, walking back to the living room. It was hard to hold the decorations and walk with this walker. "I need something else, this walker sucks," I muttered, almost dropping some of it. I groaned. Doing this alone wasn't the easiest.

About an hour of setting up, and finally having (Y/BF/N) finally come back, it was now easy. The guest have arrived too, and they had brought food and all been talking. "This was a great idea (Y/N)," Chris said, and I smiled to him. "Thank you Chris," I said, and then I heard my phone chime. I pull it out, seeing Hank say he was at the house. "Everyone, get ready," (Y/BF/N) said, and we all got into a big crowd by the door. We heard the keys jingle at the door, and then, we all saw Hank. "Surprise!" We all screamed, almost scaring Hank. We did scare Gavin though. "Woah, who's idea was this?" Hank asked, his face lighten up so bright. (Y/BF/N) and I raised our hands. "You guys are amazing," he said. "Cmon, let's party!" Chris yelled from behind everyone, and we all agreed.

I needed to sit myself down, carefully sitting on the couch. "We managed to scare you again," (Y/BF/N) said as Gavin walked over to us. "Haha. I'm sorry I wasn't warned about it," he said, and I shook my head. "I did kinda tell you last night," I said. He raised an eyebrow. Then he shook his head. "Wait, no you didn't. Wait," he sat there, contemplating if he ever heard us say it or not. We both just laughed. "Hey, where's Connor?" I asked, and Gavin looked at me confused. He looked around the house, and sighed. "I know he came in, but I don't know where he went," Gavin said.

I groaned. "Alright, get me up, help me to Hank's room," I said, holding out my arms. Gavin grabbed one arm, and (Y/BF/N) stood up and grabbed my other arm. They pulled me up, and I groaned at the pain in my arms. "You guys pulled too hard," I said, and they shook their heads. "Sorry," Gavin said. I took a step to Hank's room, (Y/BF/N) holding my arm around them, and Gavin making sure I was okay while walking. "You sure you'll be okay with one person now?" Gavin asked. I nodded.

"Trust me, I've been doing this for about two months now," I said, and (Y/BF/N) helped me walk to Hank's door. I peaked in, seeing Connor sitting there. "I've got this," I whispered to them, and they nodded. They carefully let me go, and I used the door frame to walk in. I looked at Connor, who looked like he was thinking about something. "Connor? Everything alright?" I asked, seeing his look up. "Uh. Yes. Everything is fine," he said, hesitating more than once in that sentence.

I held my arm up on the door frame. "What's wrong?" I asked, closing the door a little. He sighed a bit, looking away from me. "I.. feel strange. I have self tested many times, but I can't seem to understand this feeling.." he said, and I pushed myself up, slowly walking to the bed. He looked up, standing up quickly. "Here, let me help," he said, grabbing my arm and helping me walk to the bed.

We sat down, and I looked at him. "Explain to me what you're feeling," I said, and he nodded, looking at me. "I feel this.. painful feeling in my chest. Whenever I see you, I remember what had happened that night, and this weird pain appears in my chest. Since I don't have a heart, it is right in my thirium regulator," he explained, and I sighed.

"Connor, that's an emotion called sadness," I said, and he raised an eyebrow at me. "But. How? I was never designed to feel this." He look genuinely upset, and I placed my hand carefully on his arm. "Connor, you were never meant to feel this. But, you do feel sadness. And, maybe, you'll start to feel other emotions," I paused, trying to find more words to say. "Why does it make you sad to see me in pain?" I finished with a question, feeling the petals floating in my lungs, knowing that at a point, they would want to burst out.

"If I stayed, I could've protected you," Connor said, his LED turning red. I sighed, sitting up a little more and pulling him into a hug. Yes, doing that so suddenly hurt, but he needed it. He sat there shocked for a moment, then carefully wrapped his arms around me. While hugging him, I could feel the petals suddenly forcing themselves up.

I held them down, hoping to just sit here with him for a little more, and then I can puke them all up. Just a few more minutes. Connor moved his head a bit, and he was looking at me. "(Y/N), your heart rate is starting to increase. Is everything alright?"

Oh no.

A/N: YAY THIS DAMN CHAPTER WAS EARLY! I DIDNT EVEN DO MY SPANISH HOMEWORK, SHOWER, AND SLEEP YET! A H ;-;