Part 019

"Connor?"

My voice echos in the dark room, seeing Connor standing in front of me. "Connor? Can you hear me?" I asked, taking a small step towards him. He sat there frozen. I knew this was a dream, but I couldn't tell if it was a nightmare. As I took another step, a gut wrenching slammed into my stomach. The petals, they're back. When I put my hand over my mouth, they tried to come up. I looked at Connor in fear, and there was thirium dripping down his head. I gasped, petals coming out of my mouth.

"Of course. Everything happens for a reason, my dear (Y/N)," a voice spoke, echoing through the darkness. I started to have another coughing fit, and I almost fell down. "And this is something I have been waiting for for so long," the voice had spoken once again, and the sound of a gun cocking echoed. I looked around in fear, and the gunshot went off.

"AHH!" I screamed, jumping up in my seat. Hank screamed, swerving on the empty road. "Shit! (Y/N)! Are you alright?" He asked, and I was breathing heavily. "Y..yea..," I stuttered, looking over to him. "What happened? Was it a nightmare?" Hank was throwing questions at me left and right. I nodded, rubbing my eyes. "I hardly remember it, but it shook me awake," I said, my voice almost shaking. "Just, forget about it. Are we almost there?" I asked, looking out the windshield. "Yea, just following Markus. You know the plan for Cyberlife?" He asked and I nodded.

"Course I do. I mostly came up with it," I said, smiling a little. "This isn't going to be easy Hank. But you better be good at acting," I said, glancing over to him. He shook his head. "I trained to work in the police force, not acting," Hank cocked back. I chuckled, covering my mouth. "Same here, but good acting CAN help once in a while Hank," I said, and he just rolled his eyes. "Yea yea," he said. I looked out the window, seeing as Markus pulled up to a big house. "This seems like the main spot of Jericho," I said when Hank turned down the street behind Markus. When he parked his car, so did Hank. I got out of the car, looking at the house.

"This is a huge place for, what, 4 or 5 people Markus?" I asked, and he shrugged with a smile. "We had some extra money, so we bought a pretty big place," Markus explained. Hank laughed a little as he got out of the car. "Let's go inside and talk to everyone there. Let's also hope they get on board with this plan," Hank said. "No duh, Hankford," I said. "That's not even my name," he said.

~time skip~

"Is this even a safe plan?" North asked as we walked out to the cars. "No. But we can be careful," Markus said. As I walked to Hank's car, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Markus. "This isn't going to be an easy mission, especially for you. And I wish there was another way around what we have to do, but there's no other way," Markus said. I nodded a little, looking down. "I know. I just didn't think this would happen. Especially after everything.." I said, my voice growing quiet. I then had felt his arms wrap around me, and I hugged him back. "I'm here, if anything. I may have only met you today, but I feel like I've know you for a while, based on everything Carl has said," Markus said. I sighed shakily, a lump growing in my throat. "Thank you Markus," I said. We let go of each other, and I gave him a smile. "After this, we can become better friends you know," I said, and he chuckled.

"Markus, cmon, we've got to hit the road before dark. We've got a long way to drive," Josh said from behind Markus. I looked up at him, giving him a smile. "I'll see you there Markus," I said, waving as I took a few steps back. He waved back. "See you there," he said, and I walked off to the car. "You gonna be alright?" Hank asked when I got closer to his car. "Of course dummy, I'm always alright. Even if he won't remember the last few months," I said, trying to keep in the tears that were pushing their way out of my eyes. "Maybe we can get Gavin a cat, I know he hates cats," I said as I got into the car. Hank got in too. "It's not even a special occasion, why would you get him a cat?" Hank asked. "One, for jokes. Two, early Christmas gift?" The last sentence was sorta a question, or just me trying to find an excuse to waste my money on getting Gavin a cat, even when he hates cats.

"Let's go Hankford," I said as I buckled my seatbelt. "My full name isn't even Hankford, where did that come from?" Hank asked, buckling his seatbelt and starting the car. "I just made it up today, actually," I said. He shook his head, driving behind Markus. "I'll just call you (Y/F/N) from now on," Hank says, and I made a disgusted face. "Don't you dare!" I practically yelled, making him laugh. "Would you like old man better?" I asked as I looked over to him. "Hell no! Why would I ever?" He asked, and I shrugged. "I mean, you ARE kinda old," I muttered.

"What's that supposed to mean!?" "Hank your in your 50's!" "And you're in your 30's!" He yelled back. "Still younger than you!" I snapped back and he groaned. We both then started to laugh. "Ah, you're welcome old man."

A/N: yay! Daily chapters! I wrote this submerged in darkness because of a pounding headache, and I'm waiting for my mom to pick up my medication, cause I'm out and we didn't order it in time :)) but that's okay. Hope you're all having a great day!