Part 044

Hank and Connor stayed close to (Y/N), watching her in case she flatlined once again. Gavin came in, food in his hand. "Hey. How is she?" He asked quietly, sitting down on the couch by her bed. "She flatlined." Connor muttered, his eyes not leaving (Y/N). Hank got up from his chair, and sighed. He sat next to Gavin, and Gavin pulled out Hank's food. He handed it to Hank, and then took out his own food. He then ate his food, and Hank was practically inhaling the food. God, he must've been hungry.

"She's not holding on as strong as we hoped," Hank whispered to Gavin, staring at his legs as he finished his food. "Hank, knowing (Y/N), she's going to hold on as strong as she can. And she is," Gavin reassured him, and he sighed. "I just can't lose another person in my life. She's one of my best friends," Hank said, looking up to Gavin. Gavin nodded. He understood. They were all distraught.

Who wouldn't be?

"HANKKKKKK!" (Y/N) from across the house, running into his room. Hank groaned, rolling over. "We aren't doing that buddio!" She yelled, hitting him with a pillow. He sighed. "Why do I need to get up? We're off the case," he said, looking at her. She rolled her eyes. "Oh who cares. Fucking agent Perkins, that's our case. Not we're going to solve this case. One way, or another," (Y/N) said, grinning.

"You have too much determination," Hank muttered, sitting up. She shrugged, running to the kitchen. "I'll make breakfast!" She yelled, and Hank just chuckled. "She's got way too much energy.."

They walked into the station, and (Y/N) never wiped the grin off her face. When she saw Connor, she gave him a wink. Connor nodded, and walked off. Hank's aides an eyebrow. The two sat down, and Hank looked at (Y/N). "What did you do?" He asked quickly.

"Oh cmon Hank, you act like I'm doing something bad," (Y/N) tried to play it off, and Hank rolled his eyes. She looked behind herself, then to Hank. "If a prisoner runs out, trust us. Just run after him. And I'll go after Connor. Got it?" She asked. Hank nodded. "You better have a good plan, (Y/N)." "I always do. You know that," she said.

One of the prisoners had run out of the cell, and Hank stood up. (Y/N) jerked her head to the side, and he ran after him. So did the other officers in the office. (Y/N) got up, and ran to the evidence room door. "Good idea, (Y/N)," Connor said, and she nodded. She started to type into the password for the evidence room. "Told ya, I've got a good brain."

"She was a very smart person," Gavin said, looking at her while Connor nodded. "She was one of the smartest people I know. She had a good plans," Connor said, looking to Gavin. "She knew how to do so many things. Hack. Was really good at coding. Most tech savvy person I've ever met," Gavin paused, and he sighed. "She must've learned from her boyfriend.."

"Boyfriend?" Connor asked, looking to Gavin. "In highschool, when we met, she had this boyfriend. He was very tech savvy, and taught her so much. It really helped her in school too. She wasn't really the best. But then, he left her for another girl. I had been one of her best friends at that point, and it was hard for her. But, she moved on, and had almost died from that. He wasn't good to her at all," Gavin explained, looking up to Connor. "She's a good person, and yet, he left someone who was amazing. I never really got feelings for her, but overall, she was one of my best friends."

"Then an incident happened. I chose to get surgery, and we drifted. I was horrible and cold to her. She never knew until, well until she hacked into my medical files. Then she knew," Connor looked at Gavin with a frown, and hugged him. "I'm so sorry that all that happened to you. Whatever the incident was, and whatever (Y/N)'s ex boyfriend did," Connor said, and Gavin wrapped his arms around Connor.

"That's why I'm trying to make sure you take good care of her. She's too good for some people. And you two are almost perfect. But I can't see her get hurt like that again," Gavin admitted, and Connor nodded. The two parted, and Connor gave a smile. "I would never do that to her. I love her too much."

"Good. And keep it that way tin-can. Or not only will Hank beat ya, I will too," Gavin said. The two shared a small chuckled, and Gavin looked at Hank. "I think I'll have Hank go home tonight. Sit around with Sumo for a little. (Y/N) says that always helped him cope in bad situations," Connor explained, his eyes also on Hank. Hank had fallen asleep earlier.

"You gonna stay here the entire time?" Gavin asked. Connor shrugged, his attention going back to (Y/N). "I don't really sleep, or need to eat. So I have to watch over her. Even after what happened today.."

"She's going to be fine Connor. I promise that. She knows how to put up a good fight."

A/N: oHHH FUCK WOWIE! This book is almost god damn finished. One more chapter. Ah, I loved writing this book. Every second of it. I'm going to be sad to know that it's all over. Thank you all for the support, and trust me, you'll LOVE this ending ;)