Part 004

As I coughed on the side on the side of the road for the billionth time today, I heard a voice call out my name. It was not any other voice, it was a voice I knew. "(Y/N), are you okay!?" Gavin yelled out, walking over as I finished my coughing fit. "Hanahaki Disease.. right?" He asked, and I just glared at him. "Why do you care?" I asked in a snarky tone as I wiped my mouth. "Oh cmon (Y/N/N), you know I always care about you," Gavin said, raising his hand to move my hair from my face. I slapped it away. "Yea, but you have a pretty shitty was of expressing it." I said. Gavin just rolled his eyes.

"How much longer you got left?" He asked and I just shrugged. "About a year, or less. Or more. It's progressing slowly." I said and he just shook his head. "I have one cure to it, I'm surprised you haven't done it yet. You seem like the type of person who'd take the surgery," Gavin said. "I do? Cause I've had this more than once. You think I'd take it now?" I asked, pushing myself into the standing position. "Well, now my answer to your question is no," Gavin said as I looked down at him on the ground. "Let me guess, it's the Android? Ain't it?" He asked as he also stood back up, standing up next to me. "Yes. It is. And I just wish it never happened." I said. "He doesn't know either, does he?" I shook my head.

"You on your way to the station to see him?" He asked and I looked at him. "More like I'm going back to the station to work on the newest homicide case," I said. "Then let's get going, the two safe gonna start worrying. Or, only Hank will, Connor can't." Gavin said and I nudge him. "You are an ass." I said as I started walking to my car. "I can be nice, ya know," he said and I stopped, turning back to him. "When? When you were like, 2 years old?" I asked and grinned. "Bye Gavin, see you at the station," I said and got into my car again, turning it on and driving off. I checked the time, seeing I wasn't talking to him too long. I sighed in relief.

I drove back, pulling into the station and getting out. "(Y/N) why'd you take forever?" Hank asked, standing outside the front doors. "I had a coughing fit on the side of the road again, and I ran into the one and only, Gavin Reed," I said as I crossed my arms. "Detective Reed? Seriously?" He asked and I nodded as I smiled a bit. "Yea. He's still the same. Still an asshole." "And now he knows?" I nodded, rubbing my fingers through my hair. "As long as you know who doesn't find out, we're okay." I said and he nodded. "Cmon, let's get inside. We've gotta work on this case." Hank said and I nodded. We walked to the door, Hank opening it for me. "Thanks," I said quietly and walked in, Hank following behind me. Time to work on this case.

A/N: so, that wasn't as long as usual, and I don't know why it's been so hard to write lately. Think I'm running into writers block again. Oh well. I also still don't know how many chapters I'm gonna do, but it would be great if you guys left feedback on this story. Thanks Sm!!