Part 042

"What do you want?" Connor asked, making sure to not make sudden movements. I looked to Nines a bit, glaring. "You know what I want." Nines said, the gun not moving from being pointed at me.

"He wants me dead," I spoke up, looking to Connor. Hank was suddenly pushed over to Connor, and the arm with the gun wrapped around my neck. He switched the hand the gun was in, and pointed it to my head.

"Why her?" Connor asked, and Nines chuckled. "She's the reason you're a deviant. Once she's out of the way, you can just continue the mission you're given," Nines said as I looked to Hank.

'I have a bad idea' I mouthed to him. Hank could somehow tell what I said, his eyes widening. "You've been a great disappointment to Amanda you know? You've been a great disappointment to me." Once he said that, I threw my head back, hitting Nines in the head.

He backed up, his arm letting go of me. I turned around and backed up to Connor and Hank quickly, the blue thirium running down Nines face from his nose. He grinned, pointing up the gun. "You're going to pay for that," he said, and we had to think quick. I pushed Hank one direction, and Connor pulled me the other. The bullet flew in between us, and we stared at Nines.

"Run."

We made a run for it, knowing Nines was right behind us. The gun didn't go off, but I think it was ready to. We got to the elevator, and Connor clicked the button over and over. "God damnit," he cursed. I turned around, Nines being behind us. "Looks like I've got you trapped," he said.

We sat there, staring at him in fear. But then, the elevator beeped. It was open. I made sure Hank ran on, and Connor did as well. I pulled out my gun, and clicked on the button more than once to the first floor. When Nines tried to shoot, I did as well.

Things went black.

(3rd person POV)

Hank and Connor watched as (Y/N) hit the ground, and the elevator doors closed. A gun shot near the heart. "(Y/N)!" Hank yelled, kneeling down to her. "Connor, please scan her! Tell me it missed her heart!" Hank yelled, tears already pouring out of his eyes. Connor looked down, and scanned her. "I.. i can't tell.." he stuttered, falling to his knees. "Call 911," Hank said, sitting (Y/N) up so her head was resting on his lap.

He tried to see if she was breathing. She was. "An ambulance will be here soon.." Connor whispered, tears spilling from his eyes too. Hank looked up, and held out a hand. Connor took it, and squeezed it. "She'll be okay. It's (Y/N). She's always okay.." Hank said.

Hours of sitting in the waiting room felt like hell. Gavin sat in there too. He came as soon as Hank told him. "So.. what happened?" Gavin finally spoke up, looking at the two. "We were at Cyberlife tower, trying to get information about Nines. I went in, and then, he took in (Y/N) and Hank with a gun to (Y/N) head. At a point, we tried to escape, and we ran for the elevator. Nines shot, and so (Y/N). (Y/N) was shot near the heart." Connor explained, tears running down his face.

Gavin had his own share of tears, and the three sat there. At a point, from all the crying, Hank fell asleep while they waited. And so did Gavin. Connor sat there, waiting for a nurse to come out and say that (Y/N) was done with surgery.

"A recent incident at Cyberlife tower has put one of Detroit's lieutenants into the hospital. (Y/F/N) (L/N) was shot near the heart. She was reported taken to the hospital, and went into emergency surgery. We are still waiting to hear on her and her condition."

The news went on through the hospital, and Connor just sighed. Suddenly, one of surgeons came up to him. "Mr. Anderson?" She asked, and Connor shook Hank awake. "Oh sorry.. hello," Hank said, standing up. "(Y/N) has made it through survey, but her body doesn't seem to be doing well. She's currently still asleep, and we don't know when she'll wake up." The surgeon informed him, and he nodded, sighing.

"Can we see her?" Hank asked. The surgeon nodded. "Follow me."

Hank woke up Gavin, and the three went off to the room where (Y/N) was. There she laid, machines hooked up to her, and her hair messy. She looked pale. Hank almost gagged, remembering how her mom looked just like this a year ago. Connor sat down at the couch by her, and Hank took the chair near her. Gavin sat next to Connor.

They looked to her with sad looks. There wasn't any crying. No talking. They just looked. It was silent, until-

"It's all on you."

(Y/N)'s dad. The three looked up, and (Y//N)'s dad came marching over to Connor. He grabbed him by the collar, and pulled him up. "It's all your fault she's here! You let this happen!" He yelled, and Hank immediately ripped him off. "Get out." He said, standing in front of Connor.

"This is my daughter, you can't tell me to leave!" "You we're absent for most of her fucking life! You only came back when her mother was dead to hope some money will be left to you on her mother's will! I was more of a father to (Y/N) than you will ever fucking be!" Hank yelled, pushing him out. "Get. Out." He said, and (Y/N)'s dad gave Hank a sour look, he left.

Gavin and Connor stood behind Hank, shocked. "Was that true?" Gavin muttered. Hank nodded, but then broke down into tears. Gavin hugged Hank immediately, and Connor did too.

A/N: oh my, the end of the book is nearing! Fuck fuck! I can't believe it. I actually never thought many people would even read this. So it means so much. And sorry it took me forever to post. I had thanksgiving, and I'm having another tomorrow. So I'm super super busy yall!