Part 011

(3rd Person POV)

Connor paced around the house as Hank had fallen asleep, trying to calm the feelings of fear and nervousness while waiting for a call. Connor decided to sit down, and turn on the tv. As he sat there, trying to find something entertaining, he noticed this dvd laying next to him. He raised an eyebrow, deciding to turn it on. He was greeted with (Y/N)'s face, and a little child in her arms.

"How are you so good with him?" Hank asked from behind the camera, and (Y/N) smiled. "I'm just a natural, hank," she said, cradling the baby in her arms correctly. "You'll make a great father hank," (Y/N) said, and Hank laughed behind the camera. "And you'd make a better aunt," he said. "Wait, I'm his aunt?" (Y/N) asked excitedly. "Of course, you're my best friend, you're obviously gonna be his aunt," he said and she smiled. "You hear that Cole, I'm your aunt," (Y/N) said in a gentle voice to the sleeping baby in her arms. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to spoil you," She said with a little laugh. "Hey, don't spoil my kid," Hanks voice echoed, and the video ended.

Connor smiled, genuinely smiled, as he watched the video. There was a photo afterward, of Hank and (Y/N). And after that, there was more videos and photos. Hank walked out of his room while Connor flipped through the videos and photos. "See you found the dvd from when Cole was around," Hank said, and Connor looked at him. "You and (Y/N) seemed to have been best friends. Is that why you're scared to lose her?" Connor asked, Hank nodded, sitting down next to him. "She's been there for me. With everything. It's wonderful. I'm scared to lose her because she's my best friend," Hank said, laying back onto the couch. "She was even there when I lost Cole, and I became an alcoholic," Hank finished and Connor looked at him. "What had.. happened that night?" Connor asked slowly, and cautiously. He didn't know if Hank wanted to talk about it. "Well.."

(Y/N) ran into the hospital, seeing Hank sitting in the chair. "Hank!?" She yelled, and he stood up quickly. "(Y/N).." he muttered, and she ran to him, engulfing him in her arms. "He's in emergency surgery," Hank said, and (Y/N) rubbed the back of his head. "It's gonna be okay. I promise," she said, and they let go of each other. The two sat down, and she sighed. "How long's the surgery?" She asked and he shrugged. "They said about 3 hours," he said. (Y/N) nodded, leaning back in her chair. "It's gonna be okay Hank.." she muttered, and he leaned on her shoulder. Hank fell asleep on her shoulder, and she sat there for the next few hours. The doctor walked out, calling out for Hank. "Mr. Anderson?" He asked and (Y/N) shook Hank awake. Hank slowly woke up, seeing the doctor in front of them. "Mr. Anderson, you might want to stay seated for this," he said, and instant anxiety hit the both of them. "What happened?" (Y/N) asked, and the doctor sighed. "The original surgeon hadn't showed up, so an android performed the surgery. Due to many complications, Cole had died from loss of blood," the doctor finished, and Hank had felt that his world was surrounded in silence. (Y/N) felt a knot form in her throat, and Hank already started to cry. "I'm so sorry for your loss," he said, and the two sat there, crying together.

"(Y/N) has been the closest person I've known since then. That's why when she got sick, I was hoping it would end soon, and now.." Hank paused, sighing. "Now it can end, and I won't have to lose either of you," he finished and Connor smiled at him. "(Y/N) is going to make it out of surgery alive, I promise Hank," he said and Hank nodded. "Thank you Connor, thank you a lot."

The room fell to silence, and then the phone had rung. Hank pulled it out of his pocket, and answered. "Captain, what is it?" He asked, and then his face lit up a few seconds later. "We'll be right in," he said, hanging up. "What is it Hank?" "She's awake," Hank said with a smile. "Let's go see her," he said. The pair got up from the couch, and got ready to head to the hospital and visit her.

"Hank? Hank buddy, cmon wake up," (Y/N) said, kneeling down next to him. He groaned, and (Y/N) sighed. "HANK!" She yelled, and Hank jumped. "The fuck do you want?" He grumbled, and I sighed. "Cmon, get cleaned up, we've got to get to work," (Y/N) said, Hank shaking his head. "No," Hank groaned, and (Y/N) started to help him up. "Hank this isn't the way to cope, trust me there are other ways. Please," She said, and he just groaned. "Fuck off!" He yelled at her and she just sighed. "Stop it," She said, dragging him into the bathroom. "I'm gonna kill you if this happens again, I swear Hank," (Y/N) muttered as she tried to hold him up. "Fuck you're heavy," she whispered, still dragging him to his bathroom.

"Were here to see (Y/F/N) (L/N)," Hank said to the android at the front desk. "Her room is on the fourth floor, room 154," the android said and he nodded a 'thank you' before walking off with Hank. "You think she will be awake Hank?" Connor asked, and Hank shrugged. "I hope so, I want to talk to her. I miss talking to her," Hank said and Connor agreed. "I miss talking to her as well. Maybe she'll help me understand more about the warm feeling I feel around her," Connor said. "Or maybe you can finally tell her how you feel, and fast. I don't want to lose her because of the disease. So please Connor, tell the poor girl," Hank said and Connor looked at him, smiling. "Of course I will," he said. They finally arrived on her floor and walked to her room.

A/N: heyyyy! So, I kinda wanna explain the backstories before i end this chapter. They're like little memories that (Y/N) sees as she's under, and all that. It'll kinda make more sense, but even half way through writing I got super confused sooo! I hope y'all are liking the story, and don't worry, it'll get a little less sad soon. Have a good day everyone! 💕