Part 029

About a few more months later, and I was healed. Just needed to be cleared, and I was back to work. I was excited, surprisingly, which was new. (Y/BF/N) had to go back home, and Gavin was upset about them going. It made me almost laugh. I walked into work with Hank and Connor behind me.

"Someone seems cheery today," Hank said, and I looked at him. "I'm just glad I'm not sitting around at home, watching the same shows over and over," I said. Hank agreed. "Well, I can see why you're so excited," he said. I smiled to him, walking to my desk. Man I'd missed seeing my desk. It really made me smile even more. "(Y/N), shouldn't you wait for your doctor to clear you?" Connor asked, and I shook my head. "My doc said I could work, but no going on any investigations. Just handle the paper work," I said.

Connor nodded, and I plopped myself down in my chair. I turned on my computer, and I could see the dust that had built up at the desk. I sighed. "Ugh. It really has been forever. There's even dust on here," I said, making Hank raise an eyebrow at me. "How does only your desk get dusted, when others who've been gone longer don't?" "Maybe cause someone at least gives an effort to cleaning those," I said, glaring at Hank. "I was gonna get to it eventually," Hank muttered.

I nodded. "Alright, sure," I said.

While I had been working, I had noticed how many news headlines my two accidents have made. Some saying that the police force should be more equipped with things. I just shook my head. I decided to pull my medical documents, checking my most recent check up on the disease. I got into my doctors files, and boom, first one up there.

'(Y/F/N) (M/N) (L/N)
Age: 29
Gender: female
Disease: Hanahaki Disease
Severity: Major
Time left: 6 months'

I sighed, staring at my document. I decided to see if I could've gotten into any of the scans I had done on me. There were my CAT scans on my lungs. The flowers almost covered half. And I knew once they fully covered, the stems would rip out of my lungs, and suffocate me from the inside. There would be no stopping that death. I almost felt sick.

I decided to look a little more into the document, seeing more of my scans. The months leading up to now, I sighed. Seeing all of these scans, how bad my systems were. I'm surprised I've even been able to function normally.

I stood up, shutting the tab on I was and heading my way to the bathroom. The feeling of being sick, it got worse. And I knew that it wasn't due to the documents. The flowers were ready to pour themselves out of me. The feeling got more intense, raising my heart rate, and I felt like my chest was caving in on me.

I wanted to run. But that would've made it even worse.

I had finally reached the bathroom, looking around to see it was empty before running into an empty stall, and coughing hard. And hard. And then, throwing up. Then. More coughing.

I became lightheaded, seeing how much blood and petals had come out that time. There was so much. I'm going to need so much water when I leave this bathroom. I looked down at my shaking hands, seeing that my entire body had become pale. Was I that sick? I shook my head. I couldn't have been. I closed my eyes, waiting to see if anymore petals or blood were going to come out. And I think I sat there for way too long. I had gotten a text from Hank.

Hank: 'you okay? You haven't been back from the bathroom for a while'

(Y/N): 'I got sick. The petals. They forced themselves out of me'

Hank: 'Do you need anything?'

(Y/N): 'Water, I'll be out there soon. Give it to me then'

I sent the last text, and shut my phone off, putting it on the floor. I reached my hand up and flushed the toilet, seeing as the blood and petals went down, some red still remaining in the toilet. I sighed. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. Then I grabbed the edge of the toilet, and pushed myself up.

I held onto the wall of the stall, making sure I had balance before walking out. When I knew I did, I walked out to the mirror. Once again, dry blood and flowers lining my cheeks. I turned on the sink, getting a handful of water and splashing it on my face. And I then scrubbed it. I grabbed a paper towel, wiping my face dry and seeing as it was finally clean.

I walked back out to my desk, seeing Hank standing there worried. And Connor too. "You told Connor?" I asked, and Hank shrugged. "He figured it out," Hank said, and I shrugged. Hank held out his hand, the water bottle I needed in it. "Thanks," I said, taking the bottle and opening it. I went for only a sip, and suddenly, I was chugging the bottle down. "Woah, slow down there (Y/N), it'll make you sick if you drink too fast," Hank said, and I then stopped, letting out a long breath. I nodded, panting a small bit.

"Sorry, I really needed water," I said and he nodded. "How bad has it gotten?" Connor asked quietly and weakly from the side, making me look to him. "Most on my lungs are covered in it. Once it gets to my esophagus, the stems burst out, and I bleed from within," I explained to Connor. That had seemed to almost, crush him. He looked upset by what I said. And that made me question.

How was he upset? I erased his memory. He couldn't have gotten those back. Unless..

Kamski. What did you do?

A/N: I'm shooting these chapters out like crazy, man, and I'm on 30 now? Holy shit. I cannot wait until I finally reach the end, or maybe, give y'all a sequel ;). You'll see what I have in mind soon. Hope you've all had a great day. Love you guys! 💕