Part 045

3 weeks. Hank almost gave up hope. She's still not awake. "This isn't how it was supposed to happen," Connor said, standing by her as they stayed silent. "She's too young, and now the doctors say if she ever wakes up, it'll be a miracle if she is ever herself again." "But why?" Connor asked quickly, looking at Hank upset. "They haven't seen much brain activity, and that's why they thing that," Hank explained, Gavin then walking in.

"Nothing still?" He asked, and Hank nodded. "Sh's had no brain activity since the first week," Hank said, sighing. I think they all the decision Hank had to make. But the worst part is they have to talk to her dad. They haven't liked him since the incident a year ago. And what he did when (Y/N) was a teenager. "Her dad has to make the final decision," Connor said, and the other two practically started whining.

"Not him."

"He's an asshole he should have no say."

"How the hell is he supposed to have a say? I should have a say. I was there more than he was."

"He's just gonna let her suffer here."

"Why would we ever let him make that decision?"

"Okay, I know none of us like that idea, but he was her legal guardian at a point. He does have most of the say in whether we unplug or not," Connor said, and Hank shook his head. "I'll call him, he gave me his number after her mom died," Hank said, pulling out his phone. He dialed the number, and Gavin sat on the extra bed. Connor looked at Hank.

"Hi, Mr. (L/N), I need to chat with you about something,"Hank said, and there was a pause. "Your daughter, (Y/N), has been in a coma for three weeks. There's been no brain activity since the first week, and the doctors don't think she's going to wake up. We want to make the decision to take her off the respirators, and let her go," Hank paused again, and then sighed. "There's two reasons why I'm telling you about this. It's mostly your decision, and it will be the last time you seen your daughter."

Connor didn't want think about that. Putting (Y/N) 6 feet under ground, knowing she'll never come back to life. Knowing that he won't be able to hug her and kiss her, and make her smile. He had started to cry while thinking about it. Gavin stood up, placing a hand on Connor's shoulder. "I'm so sorry, " he muttered. "It isn't your fault. Don't be sorry," Connor said, turning to Gavin.

"I should've protected her better."

Hank hung up the phone, looking at the two. "Her dad's taking the first flight out to Detroit. He's going to make the final decision." Hank informed them, and the room fell silent The only noise being (Y/N)'s heart beat on the monitor.

Hours later, (Y/N) dad had showed up. Hank stood up, seeing him standing at the door. "I'm sorry about freaking out last time we met," her dad said, and Hank nodded. "I'm sorry too," He said, and her dad walked over to (Y/N). He already had tears in his eyes.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," he said, holding her hand. "I should've never left her. I should've been there for her. I don't know why I waited until now to say all this. She can't even hear me, but I have to say it out loud and not in my head."

The three stared at her dad in shock. He said something they never thought he would say. That he would admit he was sorry. "I'm so sorry," Hank whispered, looking at her dad. Her dad shook his head. "No, don't be."

They sat there, waiting for the doctor to come back in. "Did you make your choice?" The doctor asked, and her dad nodded, standing up. "We just have a few papers we need you to sign, and then, we can do it. But I have to ask, are you sure?" The doctor looked at her dad, and he sighed, nodding. "Yes, I'm sure."

Papers after papers, it was time for their last goodbyes. They all sat there, and the doctor had a nurse stand in the room. "Now, one last time, are you sure?" The doctor asked the 4. They all nodded in unison. The doctor nodded, and pulled out a few plugs. The heart monitor flatlined. As he finished, the nurse flicked off the monitor. "Time of death, 18:24."

The funeral was hard. There was so many people, all just trying to comfort each other. Connor visited her grave stone every day, the reminder plastered on it.

"(Y/N) (L/N)

2001-2040

'I love you all. Fight for me.' "

Hank had drank again. Connor and Gavin tried their best to take care of him. He knew he couldn't lose her, yet he did. Gavin had fallen back to the asshole he was when Connor first met him, and Connor, all he did was watch videos of all of them. He took care of Sumo, and Hank. He managed to get Hank to sober up a little more, but he couldn't do much.

It was the end of everything good.

While Connor watched the video, the words that were plastered onto the grave stone were heard.

"I love you all. Fight for me."

The end.

A/N: and that sadly concludes this book. God i loved writing this, and I love all the support I've gotten. I am sad to be finishing this book, but I'm going to keep writing other books. Thank you all for the love and support. Stay strong babes! 💕💕