Part 040

A year later...

I walked into the station, seeing that my dad had texted me once again. He always asked me how I was. I refused to tell him the truth. And it's been a year. I'm better now anyways. The whole thing with Nines hardly came up in my mind, and I had hella long hair now. I'd always braid it, making sure it was out of the way. Connor was at my desk, waiting for me. I smiled, giving him a small kiss. We were able to come clean about our relationship. It was nice. I wasn't sick anymore. I was happy, I was myself again.

"Hey, looks like someone is early," I said when I saw Hank, who even seemed cheery himself. "Of course, gotta work as usual," Hank said, making me roll my eyes. "Connor forced you to get up, didn't he?" I asked, and Hank nodded in defeat. "Yea, he did," he said. I let out a small chuckle. "Good job Connor," I said.

About an hour into work, we got a case. We headed out together, Gavin taking his own car. My phone had dinged, and I checked it. When I saw who texted me, I put it down. "Your dad is still texting you?" Hank asked, and I nodded. "He doesn't get the hint. He left my life years ago, and only came back when my mom was in the hospital. Didn't even show up to the funeral," I said, turning my phone on 'Do Not Disturb.' Just, focus on the case.

At the house, I almost recognized it immediately. The house where Connor was shot. I felt sick, my stomach wanting to shove out my entire breakfast. I felt a hand gently lay over mine. I looked over, seeing Connor's hand there. I smiled. It made me feel better to know he was there. And that we weren't alone while investigating this time. We got out of the car, seeing Gavin standing there with a grin. I grinned back. "Someone seems to have beaten us," I said. Gavin shrugged. "What can I say?"

We were investigating a murder. Connor looked around, and no thirium was found. That was so odd. There should have been thirium, the report said that an android was spotted. I sighed, and walked upstairs. There was the dead body if a android, deskinned and covered in dirt. And a hole right in between the eyes. Wait..

It only took me a moment, then I knew who I was looking at. Model #285, RK800. Connor..

I knew that some of the officers were downstairs, and some outside. I'm the only one upstairs. I walked into the room, and I bent down near the body. It was so broken, the entire thing shut down. It didn't have a scent, but it was still terrifying just to look at. I wanted to see if I could turn it on, and I messed a bit with the thirium pump. Suddenly, a cold hand went around my neck, and squeezed. I looked at the android in fear. The android reskinned itself, and it was dressed just like Connor. "You shouldn't have messed with that," It said, and I tried to get its hand off my neck. I was losing air.

"Sorry (Y/N), but I was ordered my Amanda to kill you. And you can probably guess who this is," It said, giving me a grin. "N.. Nines.," I choked out, slowly starting to see stars. I needed to find a way to pry his hand off of my neck. I then remembered, my gun. I pulled it our, and quickly shot him in the shoulder of the extended arm. It made him let, and I scooted away. Seeing how pissed he was, I just knew I was dead.

I got up, and he followed my lead. My gun stayed in my hand, and I started ti fight him, I attempted to shoot him many times, and he dodged it. How had no one come upstairs at this point?!

I looked over to him quickly, and my gun was kicked out of my hand, I was punched once, then twice.

Then the cold hand was on my neck again. I was slammed against the wall, my hands grabbing his wrist. "I'm sorry it has to end this way, (Y/N)," Nines said, his voice crackling like a glitch. I struggled against him the best I could.

This isn't the end. I won't let this be the end.

"Hey!" I heard a voice, and then a gunshot went off.

He was shot in a the leg, and he looked like he didn't take any pain. I took the advantage to knee him in the stomach. That made him double over. He let go to hold his stomach. I felt another hand grab my shoulder. The my other shoulder. They pulled me away.

The arms of the person wrapped around me as Gavin shot once again. The android hit the ground, and I knew who was holding me. Connor.

I felt relief as I saw that Nines hit the ground. I was coughing, and I guess I didn't take that in until now. I had finally caught my breath. I coughed. And coughed. It hurt so much. But I was able to breath.

"Are you okay?" Hank asked as he ran into the room. I looked at him, then Nines. My head just laid back into Connor. I felt Connor's head move, and I didn't know whether he nodded or shook his head. I just closed my eyes.

"You're okay.." those gentle whispers came from Connor, and I knew that I was still awake. This all just felt like a dream. "I got you.."

Gavin and Hank stood near the body, seeing the clone of Connor. "This was the android from last year," Hank said. I nodded. "The last model of Connor."

"Then how is he back alive? There's a clean shot through his head?" Gavin asked. I only looked at the android. I don't even understand how he could've immediately wanted to kill me.

Nines was after me..

A/N: I DECIDED NOT TO END THE BOOK THIS CHAPTER! I love writing it way too much, and I have more ideas in mind. I am very thankful for all the support youve all given me. I'll still be writing even while I'm on break. I've been in school for the past two days so that sucks :/