Just Friends

Michael

    I'd been trying to call Lilly for the past week but she won't return my calls

    I'd been trying to call Lilly for the past week but she won't return my calls... was she still upset about what Marlon said?

   I'd planned on going to her house in hopes that she'd be there. I didn't know her work schedule for the day so we'll see if I have any luck.

After the girls had left that night/morning, I took a long shower and thought about what I'd just experienced. I felt... different. I felt new. My brothers continually asked me what happened with Cynthia and Michelle, but I'm a gentleman. I don't kiss and tell. They knew something happened because Jermaine said I carried myself different. I even think mother knew something happened, "a mother knows". I smiled to myself at the thought of that night. Even though the girls left out pretty upset I called out Lilly's name, I still enjoyed the experience.

I kept questioning the way I felt about Lilly. The jealousy, the constant attempt to impress her, the way I felt when she came around. I knew I was starting to have feelings for her but I had to be careful. I'm going through my teenage "sexual awakening", and my feelings towards Lilly might have something to do with that. But she is my best friend. And because of this fact, I debated with myself about telling her what happened and what I'd experienced. Best friends do talk about that kinda stuff... don't they?

Lilly

I'd just came back home from shooting another commercial advertising 'Pops Cereal'. I always thought this type of stuff was corny but I enjoy the publicity and money for it, so I'd never complain.

I tossed my coat on the chair as I walked through the living room. The December breeze was definitely getting to me. I went to the kitchen and began making some hot chocolate. I heard footsteps.

"Hi sweetheart."

"Hi daddy." I smiled and ran to hug him.

He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"Im headed to the grocery store, need anything?"

I appreciated him so much. He was a lawyer and so hard working. I didn't see him a lot but I never complained. He's all I have.

"Just some gummy bears for your gummy bear." I said with a cheeky smile.

He laughed and nodded. "Already on the list. I'll be back. Love you."

"I love you too dad." I smiled as I finished making my hot chocolate. A few minutes later my dad came back and peaked his head in the kitchen.