Baby Steps.

Lilly

Lilly

It's been about three months since the accident and I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't leaving his side. He had a second surgery about a month after that tragic day we almost lost him. He's back at home now but under pain medication as needed and starting therapy soon. I'm basically living here with the Jackson family which Janet and Mama K love.

I've seen Michael every now and then, coming and going. But I don't speak to him. I don't care to. He's still out all the time and coming and leaving at all kinds of hours of the night. I know because the guest room I'm sleeping in is downstairs and I can hear the front door.

But my mind wasn't on Michaels stupid, dumb ass, naive, pussy whipped actions. My mind was on Randy. And supporting him. Something that not everyone is helping to do.

I was in the kitchen making Randy a requested PB&J sandwich. I poured him a glass of milk and placed it on the tray. I carefully took it up to his room. He smiled at me as soon as I walked in. He wasn't under medication right now and in a pretty good mood.

"You're so good to me girl." He sang as he snapped his fingers and danced a little, moving only the upper part of his body.

I shook my head and laughed at him as I placed the tray on his nightstand.

"Ahh." He breathed out as he opened his mouth wide, requesting a bite of his sandwich.

"Um you can feed yourself." I giggled handing him the plate as I sat next to him on the bed, looking at the small tv he was watching.

He looked at me with a pouting face and he 'humphed' and crossed his arms. I smiled at his adorable mannerism and picked up the sandwich. He smiled as he opened his mouth, making the 'ahh' sound once again. I stuffed the sandwich into his mouth as he coughed and frowned at me, spitting the sandwich out. He watched me burst into a laughing fit as he just stared at me with squinted eyes.

"Oh I'll show you whats funny." He began tickling my side making me jolt up and fall into the floor beside the bed, causing a loud thud sound. I hear Randy now laughing uncontrollably. I stood up and sat back on the bed with my arms crossed.

"Not funny." I rolled my eyes.

He looked at me as his laughing seized and his smile began to fade. "You know you're amazing right?" He spoke softly as his stare burned the side of my face. I looked at him with a lifted eyebrow, wondering where these words came from.

"I've seen you everyday since the accident. I haven't even seen my own brothers that much. You make me whatever I want, you even go out and get food if we don't have what i want. You give me my medicine. Help me get clean. Help me to the bathroom. Comfort me when I'm being bitchy. You do everything. Even when I wake up at 3am in pain, you're here. I appreciate you so much Lilly."