Closure.

Michael
1972

I'd been longing to spend time with Lilly the whole week

I'd been longing to spend time with Lilly the whole week. I was happy to be home and have time with her. It seemed like she was becoming my best friend. We were sitting on my front porch, just talkin' and enjoying the warm weather and each others company. I couldn't help but to watch her. She's so...

"Whatcha looking at?" She looked at me as I blushed, not realizing I'd been staring at her.

"You." I giggled, looking down.

"Why?" She smiled.

I looked up at her, taking in every detail of her pretty adolescent face. "You're different." I spoke softly.

"Well duh. So are you." She giggled, nudging my shoulder a little bit.

I smiled at her before there was a moment of silence. A comfortable moment of silence.

"I love performing... I love traveling... I love our fans... I just..."

Lilly frowned at me as I searched for the right words to express how I was feeling.

"I just wish I could spend more time with you." I mumbled, making Lilly's face go from a frown to a smile.

She grabbed my hand and rubbed her thumb along my peace sign ring and sighed sweetly.

"I wish I could spend all my time with you." She blushed.

"I dunno... you would get tired of me." I giggled.

She smiled up at me, making my heart melt. I took a deep breath and pulled my hand away from hers. I slid my peace sign ring off and slid it on her finger. She furrowed her eyebrows and blush.

"I can't take your ring." She shook her head.

"I want you to keep it.. it means... I promise we'll always be together. No matter what." I looked into her big hazel eyes as she looked back into mine.

"Forever?" She whispered.

"And ever." I whispered back.

Present Day