Lady In My Life.

Michael

Michael

No one understands. My passion for Diana has always ran deep. Since the day I met her. She'd always looked at me as that little child singing and dancing with my brothers at her pool parties. But I wasn't that child anymore. I'm a man. And I've shown her that I'm a man now. I could take care of her and provide for our family. Of course I feel bad for the way that things went with Lilly, but she doesn't get it. I tried to be with her, she was my first option. She just wasn't ready for the things I'm ready for. And now that Diana is taking me serious, I don't need to wait around for Lilly.

"You okay sweetie?" Diana spoke softly in my ear, sending a tingling sensation down my spine as her words tickled my ear.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down to where I was sitting. Diana's long brown legs draped over my lap as we sat watching our movie, 'The Wiz'.

"Wanna talk about it?" She traced her fingers along my ear, tucking a curl behind it as she read my face.

"I just-... I love you Diana." I looked at her in her eyes with pure passion and seriousness. I wanted her to know how I felt and what I wanted.

She stared at me with a pouted lip. "Aww. I love you too Michael." She caressed my cheek causing me to become embarrassed and flushed.

"I feel like no one understands ...but you." I rubbed her hot leg that laid comfortably across my lap.

"Understand what baby?" She asks while looking at the tv.

"That I love you. That I'm gonna make you my wife so we can have children." I smiled at the thought.

She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows that quickly softened into that pouty face again. "You are the sweetest thing." She traced her finger along my chin and pulled me into a soft kiss. I closed my eyes at the satisfying feeling of her lips caressing mine. I wanted to feel this forever. I kissed her back and slowly laid her on the sofa below us. I moaned as I felt her fingers gliding against my abs under my shirt.

"I'm so in love with you.." I whispered looking into her lustful, seductive eyes. She bit her lip with a satisfied smile and pulled me down, making me smash my lips into hers.

A few moments later, her phone starts to ring, making me pull back from our intimate kiss. "I should get that." I got off of her, not really wanting to allow her up. She jogged over to the phone that rested in the corner of the room.

"Hello?" She sang sweetly into the phone. "Oh... hold on just a second." She glanced over at me as she sat the phone down. "I'm gonna take this in the other room. Be right back."

I smiled and nodded as I watched my lover walk out of the living room and disappear into the darkened hallway.

Curiousity filled me as my smile faded. I kept glancing over at the phone. It was literally calling my name. I bit my lip nervously as I slowly stood up, glancing between the darkened entrance Diana left out of and the phone that rested off of the hook. I walked over to the phone and stood looking down at it, having a mental argument with myself about if I should eavesdrop or not. I slowly lifted the phone and put it to my ear as I covered my mouth to stop from making any noise.

"Oh stop." Diana spoke lowly as she giggled. "I really should go. I have a guest." She said reluctantly.

"Anyone I should be worried about?" A deep, manly voice spoke on the other end, causing me to frown.

"Arne. Stop. Don't be silly. I'll call you later." I slowly put the phone back where it rested as I felt a sense of hurt release inside of me. There was no certainty in who this guy was but he obviously was more than a friend. I shook my head as I made my way back to where I was sitting on the couch, feeling indifferent about what I'd heard.

"Hey baby. Miss me?" She asked sweetly. I shrugged as I stared at the tv, trying to decide how to go about how I was feeling.

"Well... do you wanna finish what you started?" She asked seeming to be innocent as she plopped down next to me on the couch.

"Will you marry me?" I asked boldly as I knew this would be the only way I felt secure knowing that she was mine. I looked into her eyes and bit my lip nervously.

She gave me that pouty face she always gives me that I'm starting to get tired of. "Oh baby." She leaned in to kiss me but I didn't kiss back. I felt like she was hiding something from me. Someone.

"You never give me an answer..." I said frustratedly as I frowned at her. "I tell you I'm in love with you, you call me sweet or adorable. I tell you I want to start a family with you, you say awww. I ask you to marry me, you don't even answer. My feelings for you are mature and real. Do you even love me Diana?"

She gasps and looks at me apologetically. "Of course I love you Michael. I'm sorry if I've made you feel like I don't. I really do sweetie."

The way she expressed her 'love' for me seemed more as a son or friend rather than a lover. I killed me that I started to feel insecure about our relationship.

"Tell me you're in love with me." I sat upright and a looked at her deeply, yearning to hear those words escape her lips to secure my fragile naive heart.

She looked at me sympathetically and bit her lip. I watched her slowly release her bottom lip as she sighed through her nose. "I am in love with you Michael."

My heart fluttered as I tried to stop my lips from curling into a big stupid grin of satisfaction.

I kissed her and in this moment I knew she'd be mine, the lady in my life forever.

_______________________

Vote
Comment
Share
❤️