Three: Lost

Lost by Coldplay

______

I stare at the cave that this witch supposedly lives. I have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I push it down as I walk inside the cave by myself. Lebara said that it would be better if I go by myself, which I guess she's right. The witch will be more likely to help me if I'm by myself. The darkness soon consumes me as I walk deeper in, and I couldn't really see very well so I made my demon eyes appear. I stop dead in my tracks when I saw what's in front of me. Nothing. There's absolutely nothing in this stupid cave. Just a dead end. I furrow my eyebrows as I walk to the end of the wall, and I put my hands on the rock wall to see if there's a secret room. There has to be right? Lebara wouldn't steer me wrong? Right? I thought feeling my chest tighten. I drop my hands to my sides, as I give up. There's nothing here. It's just an empty cave, like how I'm feeling inside. I turn around to leave while letting out a sigh, but jump and hitting the wall behind me.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise."

I stare at her as I've never really seen a witch in person before. I'm glad they aren't as ugly as the seers. This makes this journey a bit more better, but she's still creepy. I mean, what's up with her outfit? She's wearing a long ragged black cloak, and what's that around her neck? Is that a bird skull as a necklace? I take back what I said, she's really creepy. I really don't understand her outfit, it's just a long ragged black cloak that's literally dragging on the ground. I know she's barefooted because like seers, witches like to be barefooted. Hell if I know. Her skin is pale, while her hair is long and greasy black looking. It's creepy how she just has it covering most of her face, but I can see that her right eye is white while the left eye is closed. I'm going to go with that she's missing that eye. I thought furrowing my eyebrows even more. I'm really not liking the way she's smiling at me, it's this wide creepy ass smile and she's showing me her disgusting yellow teeth. Why can't I meet someone that isn't so hideous?

"What brings you here young prince?" She asks in a honeyed voice.

"I heard that you can help me about finding out if someone is in Purgatory." I answer straight to the point.

"Ah! You heard correctly young prince, but I will only help you if you get me a plucked chicken feather." She says honeyed.

"You mean this?" I ask taking the stupid feather out.

"Ah!" She says taking it from me.

I watch as she sniffs the feather before sticking it in her mouth, and I scrunch my nose up in disgust. She takes it back out before glancing over at me with that same creepy smile. I take it back again, she's about the same creepiness as the seers. Maybe a bit more.

"It's perfect. I now will help you young prince." She says honeyed.

She snaps her fingers and the cave lit up and my eyes widen when there's now a pit of fire inches from me. A black cauldron is sitting on a stick over the fire. I notice that there's a wooden table by the corner with some uh...ingredients? I look away feeling disgust building up inside me, and I'm starting to think that this was a bad idea.

"Who are we looking for?" She asks snapping me back.

"Cordelia." I tell her simply.

She stops before looking up at me with her one white eye, and I stare at her feeling a bit uncomfortable. Why is she staring at me like that? I thought. What does she have against Cordelia, or maybe it's her name? I swear these people need to stop going after her if this is her reason for staring. I'm not going to go through this again. I refuse too.

"Cordelia? Do you know how many Cordelia's there could be out there? What's her last name?" She asks a bit impatient.

Oh. I guess I never thought of that. I'm so used to just calling her Cordelia that I never figured about telling anyone else about her last name also. I guess that does make sense. Well, at least it wasn't what I thought it was. Which is great, because I don't want to have to go through with what I had too with Xena with this witch. Considering witches are a bit more powerful than seers.