Twenty Three: The Riddle

Faded by Alan Walker

______

-Sirius-

"What's the riddle?" I ask her as she gives me a wide mischievous smirk.

"What is the one name that you've called your beloved?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Oh oh I know this!" Chax yells excitedly.

"Oh really?" The witch asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yes! There's lots of names he called her, but I'm sure we can figure it out. Let's see, he called her by her name, idiot, poor girl, annoying, pain in the ass and um I think that's it." Chax says shrugging.

The witch cackles loudly and we look at her getting ready to fight if needed to be. Did I really call my own soulmate all of those names? I think feeling guilty. I must've been an asshole with my memories, do I really want them back? I ponder on that for a moment and realized I'm being foolish. I might've been a jerk before, but no matter what I still need my memories back. I can't keep living like this not remembering anything, because who knows what else I'm forgetting. I look up at the witch who finally calms down, and she looks at us with humor in her eyes.

"You think I'll make the riddle that easy? Fools! The answer is known by no one else but him, only he knows the answer to the riddle." She tells us smirking.

"How is he going to know the answer if he doesn't even have his memories!" Lebara hisses.

"Then he will never get his memories back. If he can't even answer a simple riddle." She cackles to herself.

A name? What the hell would I call my soulmate? Lover? Sweetheart? Babe? Yuck! None of those sound like what I would say, and to be honest I feel like I used something different. What would I call my soulmate? What would I call Cordelia besides those horrible names that Chax mentioned. Come on Sirius, think! You can do this. I think frustrated. There has to be some clue, a clue to figure this riddle out. What is the one name that you've called your beloved? What is the one name? Name? Wait! I think I got it, maybe it's not an actual nickname but like a different name that I've called her. That has to be right, but if so then what was the name? What the hell did I called her? Damn it! I wish she was here to tell me herself. I'm in a very dire need of my memories and this riddle is stopping me. Wait. Dire? Dare? Deer? Ugh! Why is this stuck in my head!

My head is pounding like a hammer is pounding against my head. I slam my hands over my head as I feel slightly lightheaded. I squeezed my eyes closed as I feel like I'm hearing voices, and it's driving me insane! What the hell is going on? Who are these voices I'm hearing, or am I just going crazy? Is this witch making me go insane as well or am I doing this myself? I don't understand what's going on anymore. I'm feeling to much and don't understand any of it. Ugh! These voices are back! What are they? Who are they? Wait? I think I recognize one of those voices, and I think maybe I really am going insane.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I yell pissed.

"You! Your what's wrong!" She yells at him.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask irritated.

"Your not allowed to call me Dee! No one is allowed to call me Dee! You hear me! No one! That's not allowed! You can insult me all you fucking want but you can't call me Dee!" I yell at him as tears start to fall.

I squeeze my eyes more as the pain in her voice hurts. I felt guilt and sadness but I don't remember any of this, and the worst part is I don't know who this girl is. I can feel a bit of myself break every time she yelled, and just hearing her about to cry breaks me more. I don't understand why though, who is she? I fall back down on my knees as the voices came back, but only for a second.