Fifteen: Saving

Brigid & Grim Reaper

______

-Lebara-

We form into a small huddle, including Brigid of course. We talked quietly amongst ourselves trying to figure out what to do. We even continue with our current plan and save Cordelia, or let Brigid become human again. I'm not sure what choice is better, but either way someone is getting left out. It's unfair, it's cruel, and so stupid that we have to choose. Sirius is so determined to save Cordelia, that he risked seeing a witch. A witch that I recommended. Which I regret deeply. I think guiltily. Sirius is going through so much just to save someone he keeps denying his feelings for, but then we have Brigid. We barley know her but we already accept her as our friend, but the problem is she wants to be human again. We know nothing about her, but the fact that she's a Demon Monster thing that could more likely take Sirius or Lucifer down in a fight. We know she's strong and fast in that form, but in her human form she's vulnerable and shy. Who do we help? Who do we not help? Why is the Grim Reaper only helping one of us? Is it a test? Is he trying to figure out who we will help and who we won't help? I don't know, but this thinking is starting to give me a headache.

"This is probably going to be the hardest decision ever." Zakary says softly.

"What are we going to do?" Jessamyn asks.

"I don't know." I answer.

"Times a ticking. Times a wasting. I don't have all day, make a decision quickly or get out." Grim spats.

"Um guys, this person you want to save from Purgatory is special right? Well, you guys should save her." Brigid softly says wobbly.

"What about you though?" I ask quickly.

"I-I've been like this for hundreds of years now, and being stuck like this for more well, it's just something I'll have to learn to accept. I just need to learn to accept my fate, and I-I know that someday my creator will come back and kill me." Brigid stutters quietly.

Her creator? I think suspiciously. So she wasn't born like this, well I figured as much when she said she wanted to be human again. It just makes me wonder more about who this creator is and why he did this to Brigid. Is there a reason? Was there a motive? This just leads to more questions that needs answers, and we don't have any. I doubt Brigid will tell us, she barley talks to us but something she said struck me. She's been like this for hundreds of years. I think simply. We weren't even born yet, which means she's technically older than all of us. How is she still young though? I feel like Brigid has some explaining to do.

"We thank you for letting us save our friend, but we must do something in return to help you." Zakary says gently.

"N-no it's okay. I've been on my own for years, it's o-okay." Brigid stutters.

"It's not okay. You want to be human again? We will help you, but for now thank you." I say promising her.

"O-oh thank you." Brigid says smiling.

We turn from our little huddle and face the Grim Reaper who looks annoyed and impatient. He's tapping his long finger on his chair that's made from books, as he stares blankly at us. I didn't feel any fear towards him, even though I know I should. Reapers are creatures you shouldn't mess with, they are worse than seers. They are more dangerous than witches and seers, and to be honest more dangerous than demons. The Grim Reaper looks like he's about to lose his cool again, and I honestly don't want to be around when he does that. We just need to quickly get what we came for and leave. No more waiting around. No more decisions. Just no more.