Nineteen: Captured

Stuck With Me by The Neighborhood

______

I wanted to ask if he knew how this happened, but I have a feeling that he doesn't know. I never had a dead demon inside of my mind before, but to be honest a lot of things happened that I never experienced before. I couldn't stop wondering about what he looks like now, he was only a Spirit in Purgatory but now he's in my mind. Does he even have a form now or is he just there? I know his body is gone, so he wont be able to return to it like I was able to. I wish I could help him, but I have no idea what to do or say. I'm still stiff and sore, and to be honest I'm kind of tired. Why am I so tired? I was dead for who knows how long. I think frustrated.

"It's a side affect from coming back from the dead Cordelia."

"I still can't get used to you being here in my head." I tell him sighing telepathically.

"I know I'm sorry. I wish I could find a better way to communicate with you."

"It's okay Cristobal. I'm just glad your not still in Purgatory." I tell him honestly.

"Yeah. Me too."

I notice he sounds a bit off, and I can only guess it's because he has no body or form now. He's probably feeling useless considering he used to be one of the powerful demons I know. I really wish I knew how to help him, but I'm only human who hasn't experienced this sort of thing. There's actually a lot that I've experienced that was new. I just hope it won't happen again. I don't really feel like dying again. I just wish this stiffness and soreness will go away. I think to myself.

"I wish I could help, but Demons can't heal and even if we could I'll definitely won't be able to help still."

"It's okay. I'll just have to figure out how to get rid of it myself." I tell him.

"I know one technique that will help ease up your stiffness though. Try moving slowly until the stiffness is gone. I know you will still feel the pain but it might help it a bit."

I nod even though I don't know if he can see it or not. I first moved my fingers and wrist. I wriggle my fingers a bit. They aren't as stiff which is great, so I start moving my wrist around which isn't that stiff either. I let out a sigh as I move my right arm first, and pain and soreness shoot up my arm. I wince but kept moving my arm around, and bending it at the elbows. The soreness is still there but the stiffness has eased up a bit. This is working! I think happily.

"I knew it will a bit. I'm sorry I couldn't be more of help."

"Stop apologizing Cristobal. There's nothing you need to be sorry for." I tell him honestly.

"I-I know but I just feel so damn useless. I can't do anything and it's so frustrating."

"I'm sorry Cristobal. I feel like this is my fault that your-" I start to say, "Stop right there Cordelia. This isn't your fault. This happened because we had a war with Alistair."

"Which started because of me!" I say upset.

"No. It was started because of a long family feud between Lucifer and Alistair. You, like everyone else just got stuck in the middle."

"I just feel like it was my fault." I tell him.

"Well it's not you-"

He got interrupted when the door suddenly slams open, and I flinch from the loud noise but wince afterwards from the pain. I look over to see Lucifer marching in with an angry look on his face. I watch him as he marches towards his desk mumbling something under his breath, and as he was about to sit down he notices me still here. Did he seriously forget that I was in here? I think offensive.