Twelve: The Decision

World So Cold by Three Days Grace

______

-Cordelia-

"Atticus Blake and Clarissa Blake!"

My eyes widen when I see two figures walk into the room, and I felt like everything has stopped. They look just like how I remembered them. My father with his long black hair that's tied in a ponytail and his brown eyes that look just like mine. My mother with her long wavy light brown hair that looks like mine and her bright green eyes. There outfits though are different and I had to take a double look at what they are wearing. They are both wearing a white robe with a white rope tied around there waists. They are both barefoot like they were once before, but there feet are clean this time. I don't see any burnt marks on them, and I nearly choked as that memory of hearing my mother screaming comes to my mind.

"Oh Cordelia honey, we missed you." Mother says in tears.

That's it. I couldn't hold it anymore when I heard her voice again. I ran up to them both and burst out crying in there arms. I missed them so much, and seeing them here fills me with relief and heartbreak. I wished I was faster that day. I think guiltily. It's my fault they died. If I just ran a bit faster, if I didn't hesitate then they would be alive. We could've had a normal life living in a new village, starting over with our lives. It would've been normal. Normal? Wait, nothing is normal. I step away from the hug with tears still falling, and I see my parents have tears falling as well.

"You okay Dee?" Father asks using the nickname I haven't heard in so long.

I wipe my tears as more falls down my face, and that nickname brings pain to my heart. I love it when he called me it, but for some reason I feel like it has no meaning anymore. I feel like it shouldn't even exist anymore. I remember when Sirius called me that, and I flipped out on him. I even punched him in the face for calling me that, he looked so angry when I did that until he saw me crying. I shake my head trying to get Sirius out of my head, because I shouldn't think about him when my parents are here. Who knows how long this will last. Who knows when Michael will take them away from me.

"Would you like to stay with them forever?" Michael asks me.

"Of course." I say quickly.

"Would you be happy being with them?" Michael asks me.

"Of course." I say not missing a beat.

"Oh Cordelia, we hope you will stay with us forever." Mother says with a sad expression.

"We would  like for you to stay Dee." Father says.

"I will sta-" I start to say, "Careful what you say Cordelia. Do you really want to stay?" Michael asks me seriously.

"What are you talking about?" I ask irritated.

"What about your friends? Sirius?" Michael asks me seriously.

"I-I-I don't know." I say quietly.

Sirius, Cristobal, Chax, Jessamyn, Lebara, and Zakary. How could I forget them so quickly? I've been wanting to get back to them as fast as I can, and now all of a sudden I've forgotten them. I feel terrible now. I mean can you really blame me? I'm seeing my parents again and they look fine, well besides the fact they are dead. I hate that they died, and I hate that I couldn't help them fast enough. What should I do? Should I stay with my parents or return to Purgatory to get rescued? I don't want to abandon my friends, but I don't want to lose my parents again. Why do I have to be in this situation? I hate making a decision like this, it's a choice between people that I care about deeply. I can't make a choice. I don't even know what to do.