Eleven: Friends

What I Believe by Skillet

______

-Lebara-

I've never seen a demon like Brigid before, she's not much of a demon more like a beast. It's like she's half monster instead of being part demon. I've never seen a form like hers, it's huge compared to Sirius. I thought his demon form was bigger until we all met Chax, but now this girls form is even bigger than Chax's. I don't know how it's possible, or how it's even livable to be honest. I would've thought that having that big of a form would be to much for the human counterpart. It would've been to much that it would kill them or drive them insane. So, why isn't this girl doing either of them? I'm confused yet curious about this girl that I want to learn more about her and her past. I'm not trying to be a stalker or anything, but since I'm only a siren I'm not really powerful. I decided to read a lot of books instead, so I can help out in a different way. I'll be the knowing instead of the power. It was one thing that Vetis liked about me, she liked that I was able to know pretty much everything. I'm not a seer though, so I can't predict the future or show anyone's past but it's still good to know something.

It's getting colder in this room, and I notice in the corner of my eyes that something is going on with the door. I couldn't tell at first but then I realized that the door is creaking open. I knew instantly that those poltergeists are trying to get in, and we aren't safe here. I turn towards everyone but they notice already. Brigid widen her eyes in fear as she steps away from the door.

"No." She whispers.

We look at her strangely before looking back at the door. Zakary suddenly gasps as his eyes went wide as well. What am I missing? I think confused. I squint at the door as it continues to slowly creak open, and I can't really tell what's making everyone so shock.

"It's impossible." Zakary states.

"What's impossible? What's happening?" Chax asks.

"That symbol on the door should've kept those poltergeists out of this room, but they are somehow getting in. It's impossible!" Zakary explains shock.

Symbol? What symbol? I can't see anything on the door, all I see is a big rock like door that's opening very slowly. If there's a symbol on that door like Zakary says, then it must be hurting them and that's why the door is opening slowly. I then realized that maybe the symbol is a protection charm. There's a few of them out there that witches can perform. There's one to keep spirits out, there's one to keep demons out which works for fallens as well, and there's one to keep the beasts of the night out. That one we could perform if we want, but we don't really have too. If there's a protection charm against spirits on that door, then those poltergeists will do anything to get in even if it hurts them.

"We can't stay here. We got to keep moving." Zakary says picking up Sirius.

"Where do we go from here?" I ask glancing at him.

"There's two paths to take, which one leads to the Reaper?" Chax asks holding onto Jessamyn.

"Y-you are here to s-see the Reaper?" Brigid asks scared.

"Yes. Do you know where he is?" I ask her gently.

Brigid shakes her head but then nods her head as she looks down to the left pathway. We look down that way hearing absolutely nothing but she seems to be hearing something. I glance at her trying to study her a bit. Who is she? What's her story? I wonder. Is she really a demon or she actually one of those rare monster beast creatures? I'm curious yet terrified to find out the answers to my questions. What if she is a demon, then how is she so huge so beast like. These questions keep swirling in my mind but I just have to focus on getting to the Reaper, and hopefully he can help us get Cordelia out of Purgatory once and for all.