chapter 1

A/N : This story does contain some strong language so I'm warning you ahead of time :) enjoy and don't forget to vote!

"Give it back!" I screamed as I chased my brother around the house.

Then I fell.

Down the stairs.

"Oh shit," my brother Brady said, running over to me.

I rubbed my head that had hit the steps. Brady looked at my head and said, "Shit, there's a bump, please don't tell Blake and Wyatt!"

"This wouldn't have happened if you didn't take Fluffy," I said snatching the stuffed cat from his hands. "I'm going upstairs, jerk."

Damn my head hurts.

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Emerson Grace Jones (you'll hear a bunch of nicknames including Em, Emme, Emma, and even princess, baby, and sweetheart *gag*). I'm 14 and a freshman in highschool, and that idiot was my brother - One of them.

I have six, and I'm the youngest.

There's Blake (26), Wyatt (23), Hayden (20), Josh (18), Wesley (17), and Brady (15). So I basically have six overprotective bodyguards. I'll do personal introductions later.

Anyways, Brady and I were home alone because all of our other brothers were out doing something. He got stuck "watching" me because my oldest brothers Blake, Wyatt, and Hayden don't like me being home alone. I don't know why, ask them.

Brady took my stuffed cat, Fluffy, that my parents gave me when I was six.

My parents both travel for their jobs, so they're constantly away. We see them maybe once a year for Christmas and occasionally they try to stop by for birthdays. With that being said, Blake is always in charge of us. I was basically raised by my brothers because my parents don't want to be responsible and do it themselves. But I can't complain they have jobs that pay well so they pay the house bills.

I heard the door to my room slowly creak open. I must've fallen asleep. Turning over I faced Hayden, my 20 year old brother.

Hayden and I always had the closest bond out of all of my brothers. He works as a personal trainer at a gym, he's really tall and muscular, making him look scarier than he really is. He's just a soft teddy bear.

"Hey princess," he said. He came and sat next to me on my bed. "I heard what happened with Brady, I'm sorry. How's your head?"

Brady must've told them what happened before I could snitch. He's smart, if they found out from me he would've been in way more trouble.

"It hurts," I mumbled, sighing into my pillow. Hayden slowly rubbed my head, looking at it.

"I'm sorry, princess. Don't worry though Blake's taking care of him," Hayden said.

"No it's fine," I said.

"Don't worry about his punishment, Em," he said.

"No I don't care that much it's fine," I mumbled.

"You're too nice, Emme," he said, "anyways, dinner is almost ready, be down in five, ok?"

I nodded and he gently kissed my forehead, and exited the room.

My head ached as I slowly sat up. I groaned in pain as I clutched the back of my head. Thanks, Brady.

I got out of bed realizing I was still wearing jeans from earlier today. I changed into some Nike running shorts and a tshirt, then headed downstairs.

I sat at my normal spot next to Hayden and Wyatt.

Wyatt is 23 and he's pretty scary. He has a couple tattoos and his muscles are massive, making him look huge. He's a cop, which definitely suits his personality. Don't mess with the second oldest brother or you're dead. He takes no shit from anyone.

My oldest brother Blake sat across from me in his normal spot, setting down a pot of spaghetti in the center of the table. Blake is a lawyer, making it almost impossible to beat him in an argument. He's extremely smart and between him being a lawyer, and Wyatt being a cop, they always know when somethings up. One thing I've learned is to not get in big trouble by them or you're in deep shit.

My 17 year old brother Wesley sat down next to Blake, and my 18 year old brother Josh next to him.

Wesley is a junior in highschool and plays on the football team. He's extremely protective over me and treats me as if I'm made of glass.

Josh is a senior and he runs cross country and plays soccer. He's also very muscular and quite the party animal.

Lastly Brady sat next to Josh. Brady is my youngest brother, he's 15. He's a sophomore in highschool and runs track. He also plays lacrosse and he's a bit of a dick.

"Hey Emme," Blake said.

"Hi Blakey," I smiled.

"How was school today?" Blake asked me.

"Good I guess," I shrugged.

"You do your homework?" asked Wyatt.

"I was going to until I fell down the stairs and hit my head," I said looking down. I didn't want to make eye contact with anyone.

"About that," Wyatt said while turning my head to look at the bump, "Blake and I punished Brady already."

I looked up to see Blake and Wyatt giving Brady the death stare. I winced as a pain shot through my head.

"Does your head still hurt, sweetheart?" Blake asked.

"Yeah," I replied quietly.

"Ok after dinner I'll take you to the doctor," he answered.

I just nodded and ate my spaghetti.

Everyone finished eating and Blake got a phone call.

"Oh ok," he said, "yeah I'll be there in 10."

"Hey sorry I got called into the office, it's an emergency. Wyatt can you take her?" He asked.

"Sure," he said, "come on kiddo, let's go."

I followed Wyatt into the car and he started driving me to urgent care. I turned on the music, getting excited when Post Malone came on. Then it was turned off.

"Wyatt! Why'd you turn it off?" I asked, annoyed.

"If you have a concussion I don't want you blaring music, it will make it worse."

"But-"

"No buts."

"But WyWy!" I tried to convince him with the nickname I gave him when I was younger.

"Emerson, I said no." He said in a stern voice. He was still wearing his police uniform from his work today. It made him look scarier than normal so I decided to just drop it.

"Wyatt, I'm cold." I said as we parked in the parking lot.

"Did you not bring a jacket?" he asked and I shook my head. "You should know by now to bring a jacket to places, you're always cold."

"Sorry," I muttered.

He reached in his backseat and grabbed his favorite sweatshirt. He always had it with him, it was a red Nike sweatshirt with a small swoosh on the top. He handed it to me.

"Thanks, Wy," I smiled.

The sweatshirt was absolutely huge on me but who cares, it kept me warm.

We walked in and sat down. Wyatt filled out the paperwork and then we got called back into the room.

After a few quick tests the doctor confirmed that I had a nasty concussion and would have to stay home from school for two days.

Let the "fun" begin.