chapter 7

"What about him?" I asked Wyatt.

There was an awkward silence.

"We don't like him," Blake said.

I looked at all my brothers. They all had no emotionless faces.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I didn't care what they said, I would still date Asher, but it would be nice to know that they didn't have a problem with him.

"We don't like him, you're not allowed to date him," Hayden said.

"You're kidding right?" I asked.

They all just stared at me. Then they burst out laughing.

"What?" I asked, very confused.

"You should have seen your face," Brady laughed.

"The kid's fine," Blake said.

"Yeah but if he does anything to hurt you I'm beating his ass," Josh said.

"I second that," Wesley said.

"But Em, don't mess up either," Wyatt said, "we don't have to let you date. If I see or hear anything I don't want to see or hear about, it's over."

I rolled my eyes. Of course Wyatt is the one to enforce the rules.

"Yeah, yeah, okay," I said.

With that, we all carried on with our nights.

The next day I was in my room watching some netflix until I heard the door open.

"Gosh damn, do any of y'all knock?" I complained.

"Watch the potty mouth, you want me to grab the bar of soap?" Wyatt asked while walking over to my bed.

"No thanks," I smiled, trying to look innocent.

"Anyway," he continued, "we're all watching a movie downstairs."

The last thing I wanted to do was be forced to watch some movie I didn't like. Specifically horror movies, the only genre my brothers watch.

"I'm already watching netflix, but have fun," I said, turning around to face the opposite direction.

Wyatt grabbed my phone out of his hand and put it in his pocket.

"Hey!" I complained, "Give it back!"

"Funny thing is," he said while picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder, "you don't have a choice." He patted his pocket where my phone was. "You'll get this back later," he smirked.

He brought me downstairs to the living room and placed me on the floor. He then had the decency to take the last spot on the couch.

"You're kidding right?" I asked, "where am I supposed to sit?"

Hayden gave his usual smile, showing off his super white teeth. "I'll make room for you, Em," he said patting his lap.

I rolled my eyes and sat on top of him, leaning against the armrest of the couch, and putting my feet across Wesley and Josh.

Blake started the movie and I immediately wanted to leave. We were watching It. Not only do I absolutely hate scary movies, but I am terrified of clowns.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me?" I said out loud, pissed that not only were they making me watch this, but they all knew I hated clowns.

"Hey!" Blake said, "Say one more cuss word and see what happens."

I rolled my eyes and looked around to see most of my brothers looking at me, pissed off from my language.

Hayden grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. "Stop saying bad things, or I'll take away your phone."

"Yeah, Wyatt already did the honors," I said giving Wyatt the stink eye.

Wyatt smirked. "Get out of bed next time I tell you to."

I just looked away and turned towards the tv.

The movie started and I already wanted to leave. As things got scarier I flinched more and more.

At this point I was totally curled up into Hayden, somewhat hiding my face into his chest, not caring what the others thought about me.

Hayden wrapped a protective arm around me and gave my shoulder a soft squeeze, probably trying to comfort me.

Wesley leaned in towards my ear. "You scared?" he asked with a smirk.

"Of course not," I said.

"Mmhhm," he said, not buying it.
He leaned back and stared at me. I knew I had to watch the movie and try not to look scared, or he'd never let me live it down.

I watched the whole movie and by that time it was over it was about 10:00.

"Okay kiddo, go to bed," Blake said, removing the warm blanket off of my lap, exposing my legs to the coldness of the room.

"Why do I have to go to bed when all of you get to stay up?" I asked, "It's only 10:00."

"You have school tomorrow," Blake said.

"Yeah but so does Brady, Wesley, and Josh," I said, trying to point out the obvious.

"They'll go to bed soon but if I heard correctly, Blake told you to go to bed, so you're going to bed," Wyatt said, giving me his famous I'm not putting up with this crap face. 

Hayden leaned over and whispered in my ear, "He obviously means business, I would listen." He kissed me on the forehead and stood up, walking towards the kitchen. "Go to bed," he said over his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and walked over towards the stairs. "Goodnight," I said, trying to sound as annoyed as possible.

I got a mixture of good nights, love yous, and sweet dreams back as I headed up the stairs.

I brushed my teeth and put on a sweatshirt which I think I stole from either Wyatt or Hayden.
They don't need to know that though.

I got in bed and closed my eyes, quickly becoming unaware of my surroundings and entering a phase of sleep.

A/N - Hey everyone! I am so sorry about the long wait, I hope you don't mind. I've been going through a lot and still kind of am, but I'm really trying to find time to write this story. I have some finals coming up at school and Christmas as well so I don't know when the next update will be. I'll try to make it as soon as possible. Also thank you so much for all the support from this story so far. I love reading your comments and I appreciate all the views and votes. Hope you enjoyed this update and I'm sorry if it's a little short. More interesting events will come within the next few chapters so stay tuned!