chapter 21

It was freezing outside so I'm glad Wyatt made me change. I forgot that it's almost Christmas, meaning the weather gets really cold. I was wearing Wyatt's sweatshirt incase my close got dirty. I was still freezing though.

I scrubbed the car with the tiny toothbrush and some soap. I had been out there for thirty minutes and I was no where close to finished.

My teeth chattered as I finished up the headlight I had been working on for five minutes. My hands were frozen and were starting to get numb, along with my toes. The cold hose water didn't help.

I finished half the car in a little under two hours. This was probably the most exhausting punishment I've ever had. My back ached, my thighs ached, my arms ached. Everything ached. I couldn't feel my fingers or toes and my nose was starting to get runny.

About four hours had gone by and I finally finished. I went inside and felt the comforting heat of the house. I checked the time and it was now 10:45 am. I washed my hands in the kitchen where Bella was scrubbing the floor with the toothbrush.

"Hey girl how you doing?" I asked.

"I'm so pissed," she said, "Mason had to be an asshole and 'accidentally' spilled his chocolate milk everywhere and I had to clean it up."

"Yeah well at least you weren't out in the freezing cold," I said, still shivering.

"Yeah true," she shrugged and continued cleaning the floor.

I went into the living room and sat down across from Blake.

"You done washing Wyatt's car?" he asked.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes.

"Perfect," he smirked, "now you can take out the trash."

I angrily got up and went to collect all the trash cans throughout the house. I started downstairs and put all the trash into one bag. Then I went upstairs and put that trash into another bag.

I laughed when I saw Brady struggling to clean the toilet with his toothbrush.

I grabbed the trash and put it into a garbage bag and proceeded to walk out.

"Wait, Emme, favorite sister," Brady said.

I walked back into the bathroom and crossed my arms.

"Can you help me clean this?" he gagged.

He looked like he wanted to puke.

"You know," I said, "I'm sorry big bro, but I don't think I ever got payback for that concussion you gave me a few weeks ago. Remember, you took Fluffy?"

"You got the stupid cat back," Brady rolled his eyes.

"Yeah and fell down the stairs and got a nasty concussion," I shrugged, "sorry good luck with that toilet."

I grabbed the rest of the trash from upstairs and went outside to put all of it in the garbage can. I then rolled it out to the front of the driveway to be picked up by the garbage man.

As I was about to go inside I heard a whistle. I slowly turned around and my eyes widened.

"Hey baby," Asher winked.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, shocked he had the balls to show up.

"Just wanted to finish what we never ended babe," he smirked.

He had this weird look to him, something was wrong.

He was drunk.

We all know last time that happened there wasn't a very good outcome.

"Fucking leave, Asher," I said, "we're over." I could feel my eyes filling up with tears. I didn't realize how much this affected me until I saw him again.

I walked inside and locked the door. I walked to the stairs and was going to my room. I needed to cry it out in peace, without anyone seeing or hearing.

Nobody needed to know that I was actaully upset about the whole situation. I am so used to putting on a brave face in front of my brothers, I often let everything build up until I can't take it anymore.

As I walked past the living room I heard Wyatt say something but I ignored it, walking up the stairs.

"Emerson, get back here," he yelled, "I didn't say you were done!"

I slammed my bedroom door and faceplated on my bed. I started sobbing and I soon had a wave of anxiety wash over me. I haven't had a panic attack sense I was ten.

I sat up and tried to slow my breathing but it only sped up. I felt like my walls were closing.

The door slammed open. "I've been calling you downstairs for two minutes what the fuck are you- oh shit," Wyatt said, "you're having a panic attack."

He ran downstairs and got me a cup of water. "Drink this, please," he said.

"You haven't had one of these in like five years," he muttered while pacing back and fourth. He looked worried.

"Slow your breathing babe," he said, "in, out, in, out."

I followed him and let out shaking breaths, trying to steady them out.

"You're okay, Em," he said, giving me a comforting hug. "Do you know what caused this?"

"Asher, he- uh, he," I started crying again.

"He what, baby?"

"He was down there- when I washed the car," I said.

Wyatt's nostrils flared, his muscles bulged, and his face turned red.

He shot up, left the room, and I thought I heard him run down the stairs.

Suddenly I heard Asher. "What the hell man?"

"Don't you ever come near my little sister again, little fucker, or so help me God!" Wyatt yelled in between punches. I looked out of my window into the front yard, and watched Wyatt beat him up.

"If I ever see your face anywhere near her again, I'll make sure you regret it!" he yelled once again, before shoving Asher to the ground. He got up and ran away.

Coward.

Oh, what a brother wouldn't do for his sister...

A/N - I hope you liked this chapter. Someone commented to talk more about Asher in the next chapter, so I decided to add this scene! I am leaving for Europe tomorrow, and I will try my best to update as soon as possible but I can't promise anything. Leave suggestions of what you want to see in my story next or message me! I love reading all of your comments and I am open to any constructive criticism and suggestions! Also holy crap we hit 100k veiws! Y'all are amazing! Love you guys!