chapter 16

I woke up with a huge headache. Hangover.

My head throbbed as I slowly sat up, taking in the events of last night. I was still wearing my outfit from last night, which was pretty uncomfortable, if I must admit.

I got up and trudged to my closet. I grabbed a pair of grey Nike sweatpants and an oversized hoodie that I stole from Wyatt.

Half of my wardrobe consisted of my brother's stolen sweatshirts and t-shirts. It pissed them off that I always stole their clothes, but I didn't care.

I then made my way to the bathroom. I tied my hair up into a messy bun, giving no craps about how I looked. I brushed my teeth, and washed my tear-stained face, removing last night's makeup as well.

I decided to check my phone and instantly wanted to barf when I looked at my lock and home screen. It was a picture of me and Asher. He was standing behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist. We were both smiling and I looked beyond happy.

Well, I'll be changing my background as soon as possible. I settled for a picture of my brothers and I last year at a baseball game.

I checked the time, realizing it was already noon, meaning two possible things. My brothers were either still asleep from staying up late last night and partying, or they were all awake because it was now afternoon.

My fingers were crossed for the first possibility. I didn't feel like dealing with what my brothers had to say about last night.

I slowly made my way downstairs, my head throbbing with each step I took. I heard my brothers in the living room so I quietly walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a banana. I ate that and then popped two Advil's, hoping to help my headache.

I decided that I would try to hide out in my room all day. That's way better than dealing with my brothers.

I walked upstairs to go back to my room. As I walked down the hallway, Wesley's bedroom door opened. Well, I almost avoided them.

"Hey Em," Wes said, "are you okay?"

"Uh, y-yeah," I stuttered.

"Can we talk?" he asked. I wanted to say no. I didn't want to talk about it. But his eyes begged me to say yes. He wanted to make sure I was okay.

"I guess," I muttered.

We went into my room, closing the door behind us.

"He didn't like-"

"No he didn't," I interrupted, "he tried to."

Wesley clenched his jaw and balled his fists. Him and I weren't the closest, compared to some of my other brothers, but when someone tried to hurt me, he took it personally.

I was his sister and anyone who got to me definitely got to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I shrugged.

He looked me deep in the eyes, demanding an answer. He needed to know I was okay.

I broke into tears.

He quickly got up and wrapped his arms around me. I felt vulnerable, and just let my body fall into his.

"H-he cheated on me, and then tried to- he tried to-" I sobbed, not able to get the words out.

"Shhhh, you're okay," he said, pulling me tighter.

"I loved him, Wes," I cried. I didn't care at this point, I already broke down in front of him, might as well vent. He hugged me tighter.

"I know, I know," he said softly, "take a deep breathe, everything will be okay."

I was shocked he was still keeping his calm.

"Okay," he started, "I know you don't want to, but you're probably going to have to talk to the other guys about this. At least the older ones."

I cried more, realizing that I didn't want to talk about it, but Blake and Wyatt were probably going to force it out of me.

"Hey it's okay," he said, "do you want me to do it with you?"

I nodded.

We walked downstairs and into to the living room. Everyone was there watching tv, half of them looked sick. They probably had hangovers too.

When we entered the room they all turned to look at us, specifically me.

"Hey Em, let's talk," said Blake.

A/N - Hey everyone! Once again, sorry for the delay in posting and the short chapter. I'm finishing up school and my soccer season ended so I'm hoping to be more efficient during summer. I appreciate all the love and support! <3