chapter 9

As we pulled into the driveway I unbuckled my seatbelt, readying myself to make a quick sprint up the stairs to the safety of my room.

As soon as the car parked I made a dash through the front door and towards the stairs, running as fast as I could.

I made it to my room, surprisingly, and locked the door. I gave myself a pat on the back for avoiding whatever conversation I was going to be forced to sit through with my brothers. 

It wasn't long before I heard the doorknob to my room turn, only to be stopped by the lock on my door.

Suckers.

Then came the loud knocks on my door, followed by the voices of Josh and Wesley.

"Emerson, open the door," Wesley said.

I stayed quiet.

"I swear, you little brat," Josh called.

I laughed to myself. These boys are idiots.

"Is she laughing?" I heard Josh say.

"I think she is," Wesley answered. Oh my gosh they're so stupid.

Do they expect me to be some perfect little angel? I'm not about to listen to an hour and a half speech about why I shouldn't kiss my boyfriend. I have better things to do.

"I swear Blake will take the lock off your door when he hears about this!" Josh said.

"I don't care!" I answered back. No way I'm opening the door, and honestly Blake might get mad, but he can't take the lock off of my door. I'm the only girl in a house full of six boys. That would be beyond cruel, and he'd never hear the end of it from me.

About an hour passed of me sitting in my room and I was getting bored. Blake, Wyatt, and Hayden were all still at work and they all got home around six. It was currently four.

Well, I might as well have some fun. I'll probably be grounded for kissing my boyfriend because that's such a big deal.

I got my phone out and texted Asher.

Hey babe meet me at the park?

Sure see you soon!

With that I walked over to my window and crawled out onto the roof.

I crawled towards the back patio, where there was a covering. I then jumped down, landing on my two feet. Who knew sneaking out would be so easy?

I walked to the park, which took me about five minutes. I found Asher sitting on a bench and walked up to him.

"Hey babe," I said.

"Hey baby," Asher said while standing up. He made his way over to me and pecked my lips.

We hung out for about two hours, when I realized my phone was being blown up. Not just by Josh and Wesley, but all my brothers. The worst text was from Wyatt.

Get your ass home you're in so much trouble. No friends, electronics, tv, netflix, soccer, nothing.

Well my life is being taken from me. Might as well have a good time before that happens.

"I'm screwed," I told Asher.

"Your brothers?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "hey, you know what we should do?"

"What?" he asked putting his hand around my waste.

"Let's go to the beach," I said, "it's about a five minute walk from here."

"That's a great idea," he said, pulling me close.

We walked to the beach and by that time we got there I had 45 missed calls and 80 text messages from the boys, which I ignored.

Asher pulled his shirt off and I smiled when I saw his abs.

I stripped to my underwear and grabbed his hand as we walked to the water. We left our clothes and phones in the sand.

I jumped on Asher's back and he ran into the water. He pulled me off his back and around his body, into his arms. I looked up at him. I don't regret this at all. My brothers can say all they want but nothing is going to change the way I feel about him.

Our lips made contact, and for some reason, this time, our kiss seemed more passionate than before. The meaning behind it was something big. Something felt different, but I liked it.

I wrapped my legs around Asher's waste, and he put one hand on my butt, one on the back of my head. A wave came over us, making us go under. We both laughed.

I kissed him again and the taste of the ocean's salt water and his lips was something I liked.

He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He took a good look at me.

"Emerson," he said.

"Yeah Ash," I replied.

"I love you."

Woah. Love. This was the first time he told me that. To be honest, I felt the same way.

I smiled. "I love you too."

After that we made out a little longer. We got out after a few minutes realizing how long I've been gone.

I put my clothes on, and Asher put his shirt on.

His shirt was plain white, so his wet skin showed through and I could see his muscles.

I picked up my phone to see even more texts and calls from my brothers.

I kissed Asher one last time, and hugged him for a good minute.

"I should get home," I said, "I'm about to get my ass beat."

"You're damn right," a voice from behind Asher said.

I looked up to see who it was.

"Wyatt," I muttered.

"Get in the damn car," he said, "you're in so much fucking trouble."