chapter 13

I woke up the next day and got out of bed, and saw a tear stained face looking back at me in the mirror. All the memories came back from last night.

I got ready for school, which is very difficult with a broken foot, and headed downstairs. I ate my breakfast in silence and got in Josh's car to avoid my parents before they woke up.

I texted Josh to tell him I was waiting in the car, and about five minutes later him and Wesley headed out. Surprisingly, Wesley didn't make me move out of the front seat, and sat in the back.

I smiled to myself. Josh got in the car and immediately started to pull out. He drove like a maniac as usual, and I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey," I said, "where's Brady?"

"He threw up last night, so he's staying home," Wesley answered me.

"Oh," I said.

Josh blared some rap music and rolled the windows down.

"Dude, roll them up it's freezing  outside!" I said.

He rolled his eyes but rolled them up anyways.

We got to school a few minutes early and I headed to first period. A few people were staring at me, probably because of my broken foot, but I ignored it.

I made it to theater five minutes before the bell rang and found Asher standing by the stage on his phone.

I carefully made my way over to him, trying not to fall from my crutches.

"Hey babe," I said.

He looked at me like I had grown three heads.

"Baby, what happened?" He asked with wide eyes.

"I broke my foot," I said sheepishly.

"How?" he asked.

"I was running away from my brothers and tripped over a rock."

He looked at me and laughed. "I love you."

He kissed me and we went to sit down.

The rest of the class came in and Jordan walked in about five minutes later.

"Morning y'all," he said.

"Hey Jordan," the class chimed.

"Okay, you know what today is!" he said excitedly, "Auditions for the play!"

Everyone got excited. I had forgotten about it but luckily I knew all the lines inside and out.

"So, I'll be calling up people auditioning for Romeo and Juliet first," he said, "if you're not up on stage work on homework or do whatever just be quiet."

Everyone started getting stuff out to do or going on their phones.

"Okay first up, Asher and Emerson."

We got up and I carefully made my way up to the stage.

"Emme," Jordan said, with his usually nickname for me, "when do you get your cast off?"

"It should be off right before we get back from break," I answered.

"Okay, perfect," he said.

"You guys can begin whenever you're ready."

We performed a kissing scene from Romeo and Juliet, and I have to say we did a flawless job. We finally got to the good part.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took" I stated.

"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." Asher said.

(Romeo and Juliet, act 5, scene five.)

We looked eachother in the eye.

Our lips made contact and we kissed. It was one of the most passionate kisses I had ever gotten from him, and I kissed back.

At this point, I was so wrapped up in this kiss, that I had forgotten about all my other problems.

I was no longer a girl getting sent away by her parents, or a girl with a broken foot, or six overprotective brothers. I was Juliet, and Asher was my Romeo.

The kiss was amazing.

We ended our scene and the whole class clapped, including Jordan.

We returned to our seats and watched everyone else audition.

The bell rang just as the last person was finishing up.

"Okay everyone, results will be posted the monday you get back, have a good holiday!" Jordan said.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and finally, we were going home. Time for a three week break from school.

We made it home and I went inside. I saw Blake, Wyatt, and Hayden on the couch and was confused as to why they weren't at work.

"Hey baby, how was school," Hayden asked.

"Um, good," I said, "I had auditions for the play. Why are guys home, aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"We had some business to take care of," Wyatt said, cracking his knuckles.

"Um, what business?" I questioned. Something about this seemed awfully strange.

"Well," Blake started, "we forced mom and dad to go to the courthouse."

"We proved how bad of parents they are," Wyatt added.

"The judge agreed and now you're ours," Hayden said.

"Wait what?" I asked very confused.

"Emme," Wyatt said, "mom and dad no longer have legal custody over you. Blake, Hayden, and I do."

"Wait really?!" I asked.

"Yep, we have custody over you, Wesley, and Brady until you're all 18." Hayden said.

"What about Josh?" I asked.

"He's 18 so he's already an adult." Blake said.

I made my way over to the couch, being careful not to fall from my crutches.

"Thank you so much you guys," I said wrapping my arms around Wyatt, he was the closest to me.

"Of course, princess, we wouldn't let anyone take you away from us," Blake said.

"I love you," I said.

I got a bunch of replies saying I love you back.

This was the best day ever. My brothers know how much I hate my parents and now they don't have to be in my life anymore. I get to stay with my brothers and I couldn't be any happier.

If only I knew my life was about to be flipped upside down.

A/N - Oh my gosh guys! I can't believe how much this book has grown! When I started this it was just me letting my mind flow because I was bored. I never imagined it would get so many views, votes, and support. Thank you so much! Also, for everyone asking me to update, don't worry I'm not ending this book anytime soon. My full intentions are to completely finish it and possible make another book after it. I hope you all are enjoying the story and I'm sorry the chapters have been short. I'm trying to just write short chapters and update quickly. The next few chapters I have some good drama planned so stay tuned!