Stay away

Esperanza's pov

I walked into my room when I was about to go to bed and I heard the sound of my front door opening. I was scared because, my dad wasn't home, it was just me. "Don't be scared, just listen to me." I heard a voice say. I looked behind me and I saw Jacob there. "How'd you know where I lived?" I asked.

"I followed you and Matthew. Now, I'm going to say this, I'm not going to kill you because that will make Matthew lose trust in me. You're going to need to not talk to him for me. Don't tell anyone I told you this or you will be hurt." He said in an aggressive tone.

"O-okay." I said shakingly. He smiled and patted my head. "Good girl." He said. Then he left my house and I couldn't sleep.

Matthew's pov (a few weeks later, September 12th)

I have tried to talk to Esperanza, but she doesn't talk to me. She ignores me and it's breaking my heart. "Don't worry, I'm here for you Matthew." I heard someone say. I looked over my shoulder and I saw Jacob standing there smiling.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked. I'm really creeped out by him, he just seems creepy. "Let's just say that I get around. Now tell me what's been going on. I care about you." He said smiling.

I don't know if I should trust him or not, but since I'm creeped out, I'm not going to trust him. "Wrong choice." I heard a voice say inside my head. "So what's wrong?" He asked. "Well the girl I had a crush on since 6th grade stopped talking to me after the one day she talked to me." I said.

"Hey did you happen to hear someone say 'Wrong choice' by any chance?" I asked. He shook his head. "Here I bet you're crying on the inside." He said. Then out of no where, he hugged me.

I awkwardly hugged back then he pulled away. "I'll see you later Matthew, I must be leaving. I have a meeting to attend to. So bye bye." He said. He waved bye to me and walked away swaying his hips.

Now see I'm not really into men, but he does have a good hip sway. 'What was that voice? Who said that to me?' I thought. "Matthew!" I heard Rick shout coming over to me.

"Oh hey." I said. "Are you okay Matthew?" He asked. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" I asked. "Because I saw you get hugged by that weird kid. I wanted to make sure you didn't get poisoned or something." He said.

'Is Jacob a yandere? I need to ask someone what that means.' I thought. "Hey Rick?" I asked. "Yes?" He asked. "What's a yandere?" I asked. "A person  who is sick, and deredere, which is defined as strongly and deeply exhausted, infatuated, moonstruck, head-over-heels, or lovestruck, but in this case used for 'lovestruck.'" He said.

"Oh, does it mean they will do anything to get the person they want? Even murdering people?" I asked. "Yep." He said. "Wow. Jacob is that, and if he is lovestruck over me, then that means people are going to get hurt." I said looking down.

"Yes, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Now I have to go, be safe buddy." He said. He waved bye to me and walked away. I walked home by myself, listening to Twenty one pilots, and some other bands.

Today was interesting I'd say. I hope that this boy doesn't hurt me or any of my friends.