Start of the month

Matthew's pov (December 14th)

I have one month to decide whether or not to date Jacob. I have to decide carefully, look at all my options. I walked onto the school grounds and I saw Jacob leaning on a cherry blossom tree and he had his eyes closed. His head laid on the tree while his tail dangled behind him. It swayed side to side slowly, and there were petals falling around him.

It actually looked pretty lovely. I snapped a picture of him and I saved it as my lock screen. It was a beautiful picture, but I don't think I have a crush on him. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. "Oh hey Matthew." He said.

"So do you wanna like get to know each other?" I asked. "Of course I do. You ask first cutie." He said. "Okay, um which kingdom are you from?" I asked. "Light." He said.

"Okay. Now, do you like nature?" He asked. "Yes." I said. "Then maybe I could show you something cool that I can do." He said. "What is that supposed to mean?" I whined.

"You'll find out." He said. He stuck his tongue out at me and I giggled quietly, but I think he heard me, cause his ears twitched. "That giggle was cute." He said, which caused me to blush.

"Aww your blush is adorable." He said smiling. I blushed more and he stood straighter. He wrapped his arm over my shoulders and we started walking to class. People gave me weird looks but I didn't care, I let him walk me to class.

"So what language do you speak?" I asked. "Every. Single. One." He said. "Wow that must be hard." I said. He chuckled a little, I think he took that in the wrong way. "You know, speaking multiple languages isn't as hard as I can be." He said smirking.

"Now I'm scared of what you mean." I said. "Don't be scared of that. I'm just messing around cutie." He said smiling. "Aww okay." I said. He leaned closer to me and whispered. "Do you want me to be serious?" He asked.

I shivered a little and looked up at him. "I-I...." I was shy about answering. "I was kidding. Geez you get worked up easily." He said smiling.

"Good." I said. We got to class and we went to our seats. "So what language do you speak?" He asked. "Dutch and English." I said. "Oh okay. Then will you understand me if I say this: Jij bent mijn kostbare schat. (You're my precious treasure.)" He whispered.

I thought for a moment then I blushed. "You said that I was your precious treasure." I whispered. "Yep. And I still say that your blush is adorable." He said smiling.

School went by nicely, and after school he walked me home. Though he walked with his hands in his pockets and I wondered why. "Why are you walking so nervously?" I asked. "Well.... if I wanna be with you I do have to get approval from your dad and mom. Just to tell you, I'm not fully a guy." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I have both parts." He said. "So that's why you wear skirts?" I asked. "Hell yeah, also because skirts are comfortable." He said smiling.