Chapter 20

Dresses?

No. Pants, jeans, T-shirts and sneakers are all I need.

Expensive underwear?

No thanks. I buy all my plain white underwears at the supermarket. Why buy one piece that worths $56.99 when you could buy five pairs in all for 8 dollars?

Practicality people. Practicality.

Accessories?

A watch would do just fine.

Make up?

Never.

Any kind of perfume?

I don't smell bad...so I guess I don't really need to wear some, let alone buy. Besides, I think my shampoo smells great! So I think that's all I need.

These are the things I would never understand. Why are girls so obsessed with those things? I mean, sure they look nice but do you really need to wear make up every single day?

There are even these girls who would never face a camera without baby cream-lipstick-eyeliner-mascara on.

Seriously, those kinds of girls scares me sometimes. Whenever I see girls with make up on, I always doubt whether they really look nice or not.

I don't really mean to offend them. I'm just curious on why they think they're not pretty if make up wasn't involve anymore.

I'm just saying; there's nothing wrong with your face. You don't need to put face paint on to look good. Don't let the outcome of those get the better of you. Putting make up on, wearing revealing clothes or any expensive attire doesn't make you better. Sure they look great, but don't brainwash yourself thinking you wouldn't look nice anymore without them.

You're fine just the way you are.

I'm fine just the way I am...

"Penny, just please do this for me."  said Kim, with a pleading look. "Wearing dresses isn't that bad."

"Kim, don't start this." I warned. "I'm not doing it even if you pay me."

"But Rose really need the help." she said. "She can't take all those pictures with only one model. We'll take forever if I do this alone."

Rose is Kim's cousin. She's a college student who's studying fasion design. She arrived here from Brooklyn to give Kim a little visit. Rose brought a few dresses she designed and asked Kim to model for her. She needed someone to wear them to take pictures for her portfolio. Unfortunately, Rose needed to finish it before tomorrow night. Kim asked if I could model as well to double the time but of course, I'm not too thrilled with the idea.

"You know I don't wear those kinds of things." I reminded. "And how will I know this isn't one of your tricks to see me in them?"

If you must know, Kim had never saw me in a dress before. Never. Not even once throughout the years we've known each other. In fact, I don't think anyone saw me in them before. Except for Lloyd and Beck that is. Lloyd saw me a bunch of times during our childhood days and Beck when I went to his cousin's wedding.

"Penny, this isn't about me. It's about Rose." said Kim.

I raised a brow.

"Okay fine, maybe a little." she admitted. "But anyways, can you just do it? Wearing dresses isn't that bad, come on."

I shook my head. "Nope. No can do."

"Penny please!" Kim reached out and grabbed both my hands. "Can I please just see you once?! Just once, damn it!"