Chapter 21

The time came when I went over to Kim's place to model for her cousin; Rose.

As expected. Dresses? Aren't really for me...

"Penny, just breath." Rose instructed, seeing how I've been holding my breath for a picture.

"This isn't working out," I said, still keeping my breath in.

"Penny, just relax, breath." Kim,  with a white, slightly glittering cocktail dress on, said.

I sneered a sarcastic look at her while keeping my comments to myself. Apparently, Kim has no right to tell me to relax for our body figures are extremely different. With her slim and curvy body, comparing it to mine; which is a boring, slightly chubby figure, I doubt she could understand my point of view.

I mean, Kim could bloat her stomach for all she cares without destroying a certain fabric, but me? Well, let's just say I have second thoughts.

"Penny," Kim went up to me. "You are so cute."

I winced at her comment, not believing it even for a minute.

"I never thought you could be like this," she looked at me like I was her own daughter, who seem to have hit her puberty.  "You're  so cute."

I gave her a sneer look.

"Oh quit it." she swung her hand between us. "Rose," she turned me to face her cousin. "don't you think she's just adorable?"

Rose was too busy taking multiple pictures of us to reply. But when she lifted her gaze from her camera, she gave us a beam of delight.

"She looks delightful, Kim" Rose commented.

I restrained myself to roll my eyes.

You know the worst part? The heels.

God, what is with this godawful footwear? My feet are getting cramps and I can't walk up straight. I can't freaking keep my balance.

"Are we done yet?" I mostly whined than asked.

"We still have..." Rose checked her papers. "five more dresses to go."

I groaned, and ran my hand down my face.

Why does this feel like forever?

"Okay," I exhaled. "let's just get this over with."

"Penny," Kim said. She probably sensed my impatientness. "just stay cool, alright?"

I sighed, and I probably gathered all the patience I have left. "Okay," I calmly replied.

Just a few more dresses.

Time has passed and like I said not too long ago; this just feels like forever.

One more dress for Kim, and two more for me. I'm guessing you wouldn't be surprised if Kim is the- how you say- quicker one due to how professional she seemed for all this.

Kim had been wearing the graceful, elegant, impressionable ones while I, wore the simple, not too efforted designs. Hey, I have no complaints. Rose knows it, I know it, that Kim is the true model here. The real catch and the star, while me? Well, I'm just the girl who tries these on.

Don't get any ideas. I'm actually glad that it's my role. Duh.

"Next dress, Penny." Rose reached inside a box. I tapped my foot, waiting lazily for her presentation. When she finally brought out the dress, my surroundings suddenly went blank.

"You're kidding?" I unjokingly sneered.

Unlike the other dresses I've worn, this one is a pink, cocktail, hip ribboned, barbie dress. The amount of girliness this dress has was unbelievable. Just by looking at it, made me want to sulk.