Ch. 3

.

.

I lay in Michael’s arms watching the waves hit our feet.

This is perfect. I want to freeze time and stay here forever. I don’t want Michael to leave. I want him to stay with me and we can live a happy life. I smile up at him, he looks down at me and brushes my hair out of my face. “Your so beautiful.” He whispers, kissing my forehead.

“I’m not half as gorgeous as you are.” I tell him giggling silently.

He shakes his head, “You win by far.” I roll on top of him and kiss his lips gently, his hands coming to grip my hips.

After a while something starts ringing and we pull apart. I look at Micgael, an eyebrow raised in question. “I think that’s your phone.” He says pointing towards my pants. I look over and see someone is calling me. Oh shit!

I jump off Michael and crawl to my pants, grabbing my phone. It’s Edward. Oh gosh.. it’s 7 o’clock!! Damn it!

I answer it hesitantly, “Hello.”

“Ali, where are you! We’ve been calling you for over an hour.” My brother’s concerned voice shouts through the phone. It’s loud enough to where Michael can hear and gives me an apologetic look.  

“Um… I was busy. I took an extra shift at the diner. I’ll be home in about 45 minutes. Bye Eddie!” I rush him off the phone.

“Wait Alice, no-“ I hang up on him and lean back into Michael’s arm.

“Did I get you in trouble?” He asks innocently.

“No, I got myself in trouble. It wasn’t your fault.” I tell him and to prove it, I place a soft lingering kiss on his lips to show him I’m not mad. When the kiss is over, sighing, I get up to put my shirt and pants back on. Michael stands as he pulls his shirt over his head. “I’ve got to go.” I tell him turning around to face him.

“Yeah me too. I have to get ready to leave.” I frown at him. He laughs at my expression then pulls me in a hug. “Why do you have that long face for?”

“Because I just met you and you have to go away.” I tell, staring up at him sadly.

“It’s not a goodbye. It’s a see you later because I am definitely…" Michael dips down to peck my lips, "definitely coming back here again to see you.”

I reach into his back pocket and pull out his phone. As I dial my number, email address and anything he would need to contact me, I quickly hand him my phone.

We exchange phones back to their owners when we're done. I get pulled into a huge hug shortly after. I don’t want to start crying. So I better clear out while I can. I look into Michael’s eyes, “What time is your bus arriving?” I whisper getting closer.

“7 a.m.”

I start thinking. I have to see him again before he leaves. To hold on to a piece of him. “Meet me at the diner at 5 a.m. Okay?”

He smiles at me, “Alright, I’ll be there.”

Michael’s so tall I have to go on my tippy toes to kiss him. He cups my face as he leans into the kiss. Now I’m in danger of crying. I’m gonna miss him so much! We pull away and I shed a tear. “Don’t cry.” Michael says wiping the tear away.

“I don’t want to say goodbye. I just met you! I’m gonna miss you.”

He smiles at me, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I nod my head. Giving me one final kiss, we pull away and I take that time to turn around and walk away. I can feel Michael watching me until I hit the parking lot. I cant wait til I see him tomorrow.