Ch. 27

.

Michelle’s P.O.V

.

I hold Emma and Daniel back with one arm as my other takes Noah from the officer that grabbed her from my mom. “Guys no! You cant go in there!”

Emma looks up at me, tears streaming down her face. “W-Who… who i-is that guy?” She stutters over her sobs holding onto Daniel who puts his body in front of her protectively.

I stare down into Emma’s eyes, but soon am forced to look away. It’s too complicated. Mom and dad have to do it. Hopefully the twins are old enough. I look back into the room and instantly my eyes meet with dad. He caught mom before she fell and is now guiding her body over to the rocking chair. He nods at me and gestures for me to come inside. Instead of obeying I look over at… him.

My arms tighten around Noah instinctively even though I know he cant hurt her anymore. I still remember, 11 years ago. I remember what he did to my mother and me. It stayed with me throughout my childhood and on my body where the cuts and bruises faded away. All, but one. NO one knows what happened, only Uncle Edward and Uncle Emmett whom had promised to not tell. I told them I would tell mom and dad when I was ready. I still don’t think I’m ready to tell them what that bastard did to me.

Daniel picks up on my hesitation and turns around to face Emma blocking the scene from her. “Come on Emma, they’re busy.”

“But w-what’s ha- happening?! Momma, she-”

“They will tell us later. Come with me to my room.”

Before leaving he turns, grabs Noah from me than grabs Emma’s hand and leads her down the hallway to his room. A couple minutes later I hear Daniel’s music blast throughout the entire hallway. I have to thank Daniel later.

I hesitate before stepping into the room. I ignore the pregnant lady and the dead body and run straight to my parents. I bend down in front of mom and take her hands in mine. “She’s fine. Just in shock. She only has a few bruises.”

My dad replies lifting mom’s shirt so I can the damage done. I growl and push her shirt down before I get enraged and do something I’ll regret later. “Is he gone?” I ask through gritted teeth feeling hatred towards the dead man near Noah’s crib. The man I use to call my father. If anything, I’m glad he’s dead. I don’t care what he did for me my first 5 years of life. It will never compete with what he did after my real father came into my life. I will never again feel sympathy for the man who I called my father years ago. The man who, at first, loved and protected me. And the man who hurt me, took advantage of my mother and tried to split my family apart.

Just as my lips touch my mom’s forehead I hear a scream behind us. My dad’s head snaps to the scene behind me just as my head does. “Hey!” We both scream at the same time, my dad getting up and running over to the officer who has just pinned the pregnant lady down putting her arms behind her back. “What do you think your doing?!?!” My dad screams angrily shoving the officer off of the lady. He pulls her to her feet and behind him just as the officer had regained his balance. The lady grips the back of my dad’s shirt tightly as she sobs into his shoulder. The officer doesn’t reply, but starts to walk towards them. “Don’t come closer.” My dad threatens stepping forward, but keeping contact with the lady.

She looks so scared and helpless. Running over I take her away from my dad and the officer. I bring her over to my mom and sit her down on the beanbag beside the rocking chair. Her grip on my hand doesn’t loosen and she refuses to let go of me. “The-… They a-are trying to… to… to-“ Her sobs interrupt what she’s trying to tell me. I bend down in front of her and try to calm her down enough so she can speak. What the hell is going on!? Why was she pinned down?