Ch. 10

.

3 Weeks Later

.

“Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, hey do tou have the assignment Mr C-“ I stop short when I see Jacob’s eyes glance away from me and towards my house. I glance over my shoulder and see Edward staring at us through the window. I sigh. He’s not gonna ever forgive Jacob.

Apparently, Jacob is not allowed back in the house, at least that’s what my brothers said. “Can you tell him to stop staring at us every time I drop you off and pick you up? What’s he think? That we’re gonna have sex in the car, right in front of the house?”

I roll my eyes, “I tell them EVERYDAY! They just wont listen and they’ve stopped trusting me.”

“I’m sorry,” Jacob says giving me hand a reassuring squeeze. I smile at him and kiss his cheek before getting out of the car. “See you tomorrow.”

I nod my head and lean in the car whispering, “Tomorrow, after school, we’re going to your house. Not mine.” He nods his head.

“You got it, bye.” Jacob drives out of the driveway, gives my house once last glance then drives away.

I stare after him for a while then turn to the house where Edward still sits staring at me. I run to the front door and storm inside. “Edward Mason Royce!!” I growl as I make it into the living room. Edward stands up from the window sill and turns to face me. “Would you stop staring at us everytime we come home from school!! It’s not like we’re gonna have sex in the car or something! GEEZ, give it a break!!”

“Yeah, it doesn’t even matter anymore. She’s already pregnant Ed.” Emmett says as he enters the room holding Rosalie’s hand.

“Shut up!” I growl at him, already pissed off because of Edward. “Just back off me okay?!” I run upstairs and into my room until dinner time. Considering I’m grounded for life.

At around 7 o’clock I hear someone knock on my door, but I don’t answer it. I ignore it and continue to scribble down in my notebook. “Alice.” I hear Edward call right behind me. I jump scared and turn to face him. “Calm down Ali. It’s just me. Here…” He tosses an envelope at me.

“What’s this?”

“I don’t know, but it’s addressed to you.”

I roll my eyes, “What… did you already read it? Did you already invade my privacy? Considering that ever since you found about the baby, that’s all you’ve done.” Edward shakes his head, and opens his mouth to say something, but someone cuts him off.

“I wouldn’t let him.” Bella says walking into the room. “To thank you for not spilling our secret to your parents.”

With no gratitude or emotion in my voice I say, “Thank you.”

Bella nods her head and grabs Edward’s hand. “Let’s leave her alone.” She whispers before exiting. I close and lock the door again and turn to the envelope in my hands.

He answered back!! I hope the best when I open it. I dump out everything and I’m left dumbfounded… What? These are all the letters I’ve sent Michael over the past 3 weeks. Near the bottom is a note that didn’t come from me. I pull it out and start reading,

To whom ever this concerns,

The soldier that these letters were addressed to went MIA a couple weeks ago. No one is sure of his whereabouts, although as of now, he is presumed dead.

It seems as if every single nerve in my body shuts down.

He’s… dead.

“No… no… it cant be. He cant be…” I reread the letter more than once and just as my tears begin to escape I toss the paper to the side. Someone knocks on my door, “Go away!!” I scream at whoever is there. I don’t want to see ANYONE!! I want to leave and be alone right now!