Ch. 5

.

.

I drag myself inside the house and towards the stairs. I'm so tired! I want to sleep forever and cry. I miss Michael!

Anaiya was very helpful today, she was very supportive and kind. The way I felt and acted towards Michael made Anaiya suggest that I may be in love. I hope Im not because I don't want my family to know and Im too young. We just met!

My father wouldn't allow me to date, because I'm his baby girl and I'm only 16. He wants to protect me. He cant do it the rest of my life, I actually have a life to live. To have fun... fun with Michael.

When I make it to the top I hear two people whispering. My head suddenly snaps to the right, towards Edward's room. Bella must be here, he never whispers unless he's trying to keep a secret. A sly smile grows on my face and I sneak my way towards the door. They will never know I'm there. They never do.

I make it to his door and slide down the wall pressing my ear to the door. Luckily these doors are really thin. I hear Edward whisper to Bella in a low whisper, "Are you sure about this? Because I don't want you to change your mind after we've done it."

"Yes Edward, I told you. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm ready for a change in my life."

A change? What are they talking about? I lean in desperate for more information. "How am I gonna tell my family? Especially my dad. He lets me and Emmett off the hook because we're guys. If Alice came up with this kind of idea, she would be locked in the closet and will never be seen again. He would expect better and more from me and Emmett since we're supposed to be role models."

Edward's not wrong. In fact, any idea I come up with that will impact my future in the wrong way, my father would never let me out of the house again. Edward and Emmet get laid off a little more because they're guys and my dad expects more from them. Although I don't get it because Edward is only 10 minutes older then I am. We're twins! So I don't get why he has to be bigger and better.

"Tell them when your ready to tell them. When they are.." Bella pauses to think. "When they are distracted by something. Like, some shocking news came up and they are too busy fussing over it, tell them then. It shouldn't be easy to pull away from a shock and focus on you."

I raise an eyebrow in confusion and sneak a peek inside. Bella and Edward are laying on his bed, their bodies close, and their voices hushed. No one can see me, I'm too small to be seen.

"How do I put this in a conversation though? I cant just say, 'Hey mom, dad, hope your not busy with anything, but Bella and I are going to drop out of school and travel the world together.' Then walk out." I gasp and immediately cover my because it was loud.

"What was that?" Bella asked scared. SHIT! What is wrong with me!?

I hear footsteps walking towards the door, I jump off the floor and run to my room as fast as I can. As soon as my door closes I hear Edward's voice down the hallway. "Hello? Mom, dad... Emmett... Alice? Are you home?" I jump on my bed when I hear Edward coming towards my door. Turning on the TV and plugging in my headphones, I pretend to be busy. Edward walks in my room and looks at me. "Alice? Your home early." He says nervously. I pretend I don't hear him and my music's volume is up so high. I begin to dance like I normally  do and when I see Edward's shoulders relax in relief, I know I fooled him.

I turn my head in his direction as if I noticed him for the first time. I pull out my ear buds and start yelling at him, "What are you doing in my room!? "

"Um... just wanted-"

"I don't care what you wanted! It's not in here. GET OUT!!" I jump off my bed and run to the door. I shove Edward out and slam the door in his face. "Geez! What's a girl got to do to get some privacy in this house!!" I shout through the door pretending to exasperated. Sighing, I slide down the door giggling. I think I over did it, but at least he doesn't know I know what he and Bella are doing. I bite my bottom lip and look down. I always thought Emmett and his girlfriend, Rosalie, would be the first to leave. To drop out of school, but not Edward. He's my twin and I never thought he would think of this. What am I gonna do with this new information? Do I tell mommy and daddy? Or let Edward tell when he's ready?